cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data on container element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

What happened with data in container element if PI server shut down or restart?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you refering the container elements in BPM ?

Container elements is nothing but memory area allocated for temp storage of certain data. If your server is shud down or restarted, the value will be missing - to be my knowledge.

For some async scenarios, message can be re-started since it persisted in integration server, and message status is not final status.

Regards

Liang

Former Member
0 Kudos

I talking about BPM containers

How can i re-started messege and put data again in container in async. scenario?

Edited by: Artem Bozhuk on Sep 29, 2010 4:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Usually in BPM, you need to have exception handling branch, in case something happen, what do you need to do:

throw alert, and terminate process. This way, the container element value will be emptied in controlled way.

If not, you have to cancel pending process manually by using T-Code SWWL, and restarted the process from your sender system, if you can not re-start from sender system, you can get the payload, resend from RWB or HTTP client, send to the integration.

Regards

Liang

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can use SWF_XI_SWPR transaction to restart manually those ccbpm.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

all the values, no matter they are defined as global or belong to containers elements of ccBPM, will be lost. take in mind that those values persist in memory. when the server is restarted or shutting down the momory lost all values.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you talking about the global container?

If so then it will be reinitialized