cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate and Print Preview Multiple Forms in a Single PDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

There have been other questions similar to this but none directly address my problem. We have the need to generate multple forms in a .pdf using Adobe interactive forms. We can generate the multiple forms, but the user has to click on each form to view. They want to have the forms in a single document that they can scroll through before printing. We can do this in SmartForms but need to do it in Adobe. Does anyone know how to generate multiple forms, either multiple copies of the same form or various forms, from an ABAP program into a single pdf that can be print previewed, in scrollable form, by the user?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can follow here and see if it helps:

Regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Otto, thanks for the help but I guess I'm not fully understanding the solution. We're fairly new to Adobe forms in SAP and after reading the links you provided, I'm not sure it's doing what we want. Your blog mainly talks about manipulating and printing standard forms but our forms are totally custom. I guess what would help the most would be an example. Not sure if that's possible though?

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can describe it one more time, I think:))

You have multiple options, but only one "reasonable" within SAP.

You can call an external application (through command line etc.) to concatenate forms for you.

You can use iText as mentioned in the thread, and write yourself a "tool" which will concatenate the forms for you.

Both these "options" would not be acceptable for my clients, I name them to help you get the whole picture.

Then there is the third option: use a form for a single instance (template/ form A) and create a new form (form B), where you will use the A template:

- you need to: create a new interface where everything from the old interface is a row of the table (example: you have a form to print out the personal card of the employee, so in a new form you will need to use a table, where a row is an employee)

- you need to create a new form layout based on the new interface:

in this new layout you will paste the whole layout of the old form (A/ single instance) and wrap it into a subform. The added subform will work as a table (you will bind that to the table from interface) and everything from the old template within this new subform will work as a "row" (something what you can repeat for each data item).

Does that sound reasonable?

Cheers Otto