cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EasyDMS -using interface for exchanging file props and doc data to classify

Former Member
0 Kudos

For easyDMS there is the possibility to transfer information from file properties to doc data and characteristic information on the DIR. See note 1444113 for more info.

What I would also like to do is as follows: Instead of updating just characeristics from just one class, i would also use it to add the class itself.

This way I could have a JPG class that takes JPG EXIF data, a memo-class that takes the companies defined fields for memo and so on and so forth.

One idea to achieve this could be to have an exit prior to writing the characteristics, that could read one of the values and take the value there and use it to add another class to the document.

The alternative having a document type for each class is not feasible, given that it would just be too many dokument types. Having all possible fields in a single class and using dependencies does not work in easyDMS, so is also discarded.

Comments and ideas appreciated. Just a pointer to where in the code where the variables are actually set in SAP would save me a fair bit of debugging time.

Regards,

Espen Leknes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Espen,

Characteristics are indepenedant and can be assigned to different classes. You can copy but can't use one characteristic at a time for two or many classes. Since the t-code are different CL02 & CT4. for values in characteristic you can assign depencacy based on another characteristics , not classes.

Hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, this did not help me.

I'm looking for a answer to specific question relating to how to get the easyDMS-file propererties interface that allows write back of characteristics to also write back a new/updated class.

I know the classification system well enough, it is a specific feature of a specific interface I'm looking for. Unless you have specifically used this interface or the sap gui based one, or know where it is actually called, I doubt it will help me.

Regards,

Espen Leknes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Espen,

I don't think that for Easy DMS it is required. In SPRO there is BADI in cross-application -> document management for Easy dms.

Once you implemented this the all additinal fields and dms activities like create ,change,display you can perform from Easy DMS.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please read note 1444113. It outlines how you can write file properties from the MS Word, JPEG, etc properties back to document data and characteristics.

I'm not after general use of attributes/chars in easyDMS, but more specifically how to enhance this functionality to allow me to add more than the default class based on the file attributes.

Unless you have implemented the functionality described in the note or is a really good at debugging, I doubt you have the answer.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

...seems like [note 1444113|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1444113] will use the class name associated to the document type....or ?

<class_name> is the class name associated to the document type

Former Member
0 Kudos

It does. And that is my problem. It is not desirable to create a specific document type for each type of content i would like to store.

I want to be able to add one or more classes to the document as well.

If the users were in SAP GUI, dependencies could probably be utilised, but in easyDMS, this is not an option.

Seems like we rather need to have a work-around for the issue.

Espen