Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding role difference in Q system and P System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a strange issue with a role......

A SD role is assigned to a User in Q-System and also in P-system it is a Q-->P Transported Role.

The problem is that the user has access to VL02N->Environment(tab)->Changes in Q-system and he dosent have the access for the same in P-System he has the same roles in Q and P system.

I have tried comparing all the roles in Q and P system and also tried by trace but i cant find any difference or problem.

Can you please help me how to solve the issue.

We User ECC 6.0 on HP-UX

Kernal 701

Regards,

Srujan reddy

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transaction VL22 is for delivery change docs. In the trace on this user where they can't see Changes in the menu is VL22 showing at all in the trace?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The user should have access to the the tcode VL22N with auth object S_SCD0-activity-08 to have the access for change document. Check if the user has the same access in prod. It might be avialable to the user in Q through any other role.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Comments removed - as Ravi seems to have updated a similar response

Edited by: Shekar.J on Sep 29, 2010 3:55 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

The User has the Object in Psystem but he is not having the tcode access(VL22N).

And the user is also not having the access to VL22N in Q-system too but still it works there.

Can you please help me out.

Regards,

Srujan reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it just the one user, or anyone with the same roles?

It might worth seeing if SU53 shows an authorisation issue for the specific individual. Particularly look to see if it reports "No authorisation data available".

I would also reset the user buffer on your production system (SE38 and use program RSUSR405) - I've have seen a number of discrepancies in authorisation following a transport that were cleared up by a reset.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

SU53 shows no error and also the problem is with all the users in his team.

We have recently done a support pack upgrade.details given below.

Component Name Old  Release New Release

SPAM 36 39

SAP Kernel 221 236

SAP_ABA 20 21

SAP_BASIS 20 21

PI_BASIS 20 21

SAP_BW 22 23

SAP_AP 17 19

SAP_APPL 16 17

EA_IPPE 16 17

EA_APPL 16 17

SAP_HR 45 55

EA_HR 45 55

Regards,

Srujan reddy

0 Kudos

If you've carried out a support pack upgrade, I would suggest that you double check that they have actually been added correctly to both systems simply to eliminate that as a possible cause.

Have you checked the user parameters in both systems? I can't see that it would affect it, but it wouldn't hurt to check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srujan,

can you please tell 'exact error message' user is getting

check SE03, to see if any other transport had not overwritten your changes

regards,

Surpreet

0 Kudos

Srujan,

I agree with above suggestion, the role should have over written or changed. You may compare the role between system using SUIM -> Comparisons -> of roles ( select the RFC) for communication.

Arul

0 Kudos

Please compare your roles in QA and prod environments and also check the customized setting in the production environment.

SE03 can be used for checking the transports moving from QA to PROD system .

Batter to get in touch with functional/technical consultants to understand the impact of the support pack upgrade in your system

User parameter is second thing which you need to check in prod system.

Thanks

Dheeraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srujan,

When you say "User doesn't have access to environment tab", do you mean that the option is grayed out???

If yes, did you compare all the roles/profiles and also the user parameters for the user.

Incase if there is an error, please post the same.

Regards,

Raghu