cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade ECC 5 to ECC 6 - Configuration step issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Your expert advise is needed to resolve my issue of upgrade, scenario and details are as follows:

Upgrading: ECC 5.0 (ERP 2004) to ECC 6 EHP4

Upgrade software:

51036889 - ERP 6.0 SR1 Upgrade Master Linux on x86_64 64bit

Using latest sapup version (SAPup7107_26-20004338)

Environment:

2003 Windows Server, SQL Server 2005 and ECC 5.0 with stack level 23 and Plug-ins meeting the requirement.

Issue:

Upgrade process is expecting for XML file to include support package as below:

Please specify a valid Enhancement Package stack configuration. The ADD-ON and

Support Package selection in the IS_SELECT and the BIND_PATCH phases is taken

from there. For more information, see SAP Note 1022704 .

01) - Cancel dialogue

02) * Repeat stack request from MOPZ (failed with 'No access to Solution Manager System')

03) - Provide stack configuration file in input field below

Select configuration:: Repeat stack request from MOPZ (failed with 'No access to Solution Manager System')

What we have tried:

Generated stacks.xml from service market place for ECC 6.0 - but it expecting 701 package

Created new system in solution manager and assigned the product ECC 6.0 EHP4 then entered the sp level for each component to generate the xml file from solution manager. Solution manager maintenance optimizer is expecting that system should up and running and giving me errors.

I can not generate xml file for ECC 6.0 EHP 2 and above via Service Market Place.

How could one resolve this situation?

I have opened OSS message and not heard from SAP for last 2 days.

Any suggestion and solution are really appreciated.

Thanks

Raman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think contacting SAP was the right move, because with an upgrade they have more tools and resources to analyze your log files than most of us on the forum will have.

If they have not responded in 2 days, I would check a few things with your message:

1. Did you set the priority high enough?

2. Did you make sure to "send message to SAP" rather than just "save" It is a firly common mistake to simply save the message, but SAP will not see it until you actually hit the "send message" button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for suggestion Joey, I have reviewed my OSS message it is in sent folder. I have opened in "High" message priority.

Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume you are doing NW 701 as part of the upgrade. Perhaps it is blowing up because NW 701 is not yet installed and it is a requirement for EHP4.

If you are in a time restriction and need to get it started, perhaps you can recreate the xml file in SolMan for just the ECC 5.0 to ECC 6.0 upgrade, then do NW701 and EHP4 as a separate step.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joey,

Thanks for your suggestion but media is not available for upgrading to ECC 6.0. Upgrade media was sent by: SAP 6.0 SR1 and SAP 6.0 SR3 is available on SMP. I did not use the 6.0 SR3 because of the following link:

7th discussion - states that they were using 6.0 SR3 and had an issue with it so SAP had suggested them to use the 6.0 SR1 upgrade kit.

Thanks

Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let's make sure not to confuse Service Releases with Enhancement Packages. 6.0 SR1 and SR3 are still ECC 6.00 without enhancement packages, SR3 is just at a higher support package/kernel level than SR1.

Today you are at ECC 5.0 built on NW 2004

Your goal is to get to ERP604 (ECC 6.00 with Enhancement Package 4) built on NW701 (Netweaver 7.00 with Enhancement Package 1)

You may need to upgrade to ECC 6.00, then upgrade Netweaver to NW701, then apply EHP4 for ECC.

SAP's versioning convention is very confusing...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Situation occurred even before the option of inclusion or exclusion of EHP4.

Thanks

Raman

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check SAP service marketplace for EHP4/ Nw7.01 upgrade DVDs. These set of DVDs will install NW7.01

For generation of XML file you need to make use of Solution Manager system. For this you are required to perform the following

1) Define system landscape using SMSY

2) MOPZ should be configured

3) apply required SAP notes before generation of appropriate XML files.

4) Generate XML file for upgrade and use the same in the step which you are stuck upon.

This will help you in resolving the problem.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did SAP give you a response/solution?

If so, it would be helpful to others in the future if you posted the solution here.

Thanks.