cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger an RFC call to ECC from PI using BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HEllo Experts,

This is my first time in ccBPM and require your expertise in gaining some insights onto calling an RFC FM using ccBPM.

I am typically implementing the scenario as it is mentioned in this blog: /people/mitesh.parekh/blog/2008/12/01/receiving-aleaud-as-acknowledgment-in-ccbpm in order to generate acknowledgements from ECC.

I have created the IR and ID and I am successfully able to exceute the BPM till step2. Step 3 is the ABAP mapping part for which i have specified teh required properties and Operation mapping too.

My concern is that how do i proceed from Step 4 i,e how do i trigger this RFC call to ECC and receive it in BPM again?

Thanks in advance,

Elizabeth.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any advices guys?

Thanks,

Elizabeth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elizabeth,

I am n't getting your scenario properly, can you elaborate me.

Thank you,

Sateesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am developing a scenario which looks like this MDM ->PI ( BPM) -> ECC.

Now the Integration process that I am developing is with reference to blog http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/12249. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

I am posting MATMAS from MDM which is received in first step(receive step) of this BPM.

2nd step (Send step - BPM) will send this MATMAS05 Idoc to ECC and Pi will have a message id generated for this message.

3rd step of BPM (ABAP mapping) - which will read the actual PI Idoc number from system tables based on the message id from step 2.

4th step: Idoc number retrieved is to be sent in the requset message of RFC ZALEAUD4XI.

5th step: Response of ZALEAUD4XI RFC is to be received in PI and sent for further processing.

Do i need a mapping between the requset output of ABAP mapping and the input RFC requset message of step4?

Thanks,

Elizabeth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elizabeth,

Your scenario should like (IDOC to RFC), so in this case i think no need to use the BPM here.

Do i need a mapping between the requset output of ABAP mapping and the input RFC requset message of step4?

yes

Thank you,

Sateesh