cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rec/client paramater for logging of table changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I know that it was asked many times on many forums how to activate the log of a specific tables and most of the answers were about disabling every table activated by default through DD09L table and then use SE13 to enable the ones we want.

But on the documentation on SPRO, there is this mention about "rec/client" parameter :

Set the rec/client profile parameter to one of the following values :

-- mmm,nnn,ppp,...: logs client-specific tables in the named clients

If I understand well, using this value I can focus the logs on a specific table, am I right ?

If so, how do I use it ?

I guess "nnn" is the client number. So what does "mmm", "nnn", "ppp" means ?

Thanks & regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So what does "mmm", "nnn", "ppp" means

That just mean that you can set the parameter to more than one client... example, 100,200,300

Read the documentation for the profile in RSPARAM

Regards

Juan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer.

Never mind my question, I misread the description, didn't notice the "s" on "in the named clients". I should have changed the language to my native language

I misunderstood and thought that we could actually put the name of a table directly in this parameter.

So then, my question is, how would do to actually activate the logs only on a specific table because looking at my production server, I can see that there is about 30 000 tables activated by default to be logged.

Thanks

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks but I already knew that.

What I'm looking for is a way to easily deactivate around 30000 tables which are activated by default.

I don't really see myself going through those 30000 tables one by one

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One simple way would be to click on the check box for "Log data changes" in the technical setting of any table and save it.

This will allow to log the changes on that particular table unlike the all tables logging through rec/client setting.

Regards,

Shivaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure you're right. As said in the given link above, "rec/client" is a prerequisite. That means if this parameter is not set on the profile parameter and even though the flag is set on a specific table, there won't be any logs created.

Regards,

Edited by: Kennes Thierry on Sep 29, 2010 2:35 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think that there is a program that will deactivate the logging for all the tables. may be write an ABAP program to do that. But first I will check with SAP and see what there response is.

Thanks,

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help.

I contacted SAP, and they already answered.

So SAP confirms that there is no "easy way" to deactivate the flag for all tables except writting a batch input program to do it.

But SAP also said that within SAP-standard, only customizing tables will be logged, therefore there should be not a high system load, because the content of customizing tables will not be changed very often in a running production system

Thanks & regards,