Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIGO - Fill WBS field

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When doing a Good Receipt Purchase I can see the network of the item but the WBS field is always empty. How does it works? It's possible to fill this field with the wbs information?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are using network costing (network - acitvities and material components) then what ever the PRs getting generated from material component they will have account assignment as Network (AAC being N or P depending on customization choice). When you use Easy cost planning and your planned materials generate PR then they will have WBS element as account assignment. You cannot have both WBS element and network as account assignments as those two are true account assignments.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm using using network costing (network - acitvities and material components) but I don't know the difference between having AAC being a N or P? What should I have in mind to choose?

thanks

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please search the forum and understand the difference between P and N. Also, read the replies in this thread.

Edited by: Ahmed Rifaee on Oct 21, 2010 3:04 PM

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

WBS element, networks are ture account assignments means they carry costs like cost center and internal orders. You cannot have two account assignments for one document (accounting posting happens for this document) unless one of them being statistical account assignment.

If you are using network costing, you have a choice of generating PR either on network or WBS element but not on both. If you want to fill WBS element in MIGO then use separate field to fill it using enhancement. But do not fill WBS element in account assignment field unless your WBS element is ticked as statistical.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Praveen Raghavendra,

If you are using network costing, you have a choice of generating PR either on network or WBS element but not on both.

How I choose between generating the PR on a WBS element (instead of doing it on a network). And, sorry if I've misunderstood your explanation, but as you have told I understand there is not a big difference between both options as both will carry costs like cost center and internal orders?

Thanks again

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You have to use procurement indicator for this purpose. Customize it as per your requirement (project has the priority over plant in options). Difference means cost point of view but not on process front.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the Acct assignment category is N then it will have network information.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I know, but I would like to see the WBS assignment also. It's not possible if the Acct assignment category is N?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Account assignment N means you dont want to create inventory & want to consume material on GR. If this is your purpose & want to populate WBSE then use account assignment "P" which will solve your purpose.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I like how it works the process with Item Category "N" (Automatic Purchase Requisition creation, ...) but I would like to have the material linked with the WBS element.

And I have no "P" item category, excuse my ignorance but where I should make the account assignment P that you are telling me?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

In absence of networks if we want to create PR manually for a WBSE then we have option of a/c assignment P & Q. If you want PR generation automatically on networks then it is not helpful.

With a/c assignment you cant get WBS element as "N" means a/c assignment to network not WBSE.

Edited by: Kuldeep Bidalia on Sep 30, 2010 2:57 PM

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the Acct assignment category is N then it will have network information.