cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduler on MII with high frequency

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

need your thoughts on using the scheduler (MII 12.0.5) in order to poll some data, about every 5 seconds, on an SQL table on an external system (a quick select).

I know it's not the best solution but now we don't have alternatives.

I'm interested in knowing if this fast scheduling solution is reliable (we are already using the scheduler on MII but with a frequency of one time per hour), if you know there are some bugs on our versions, etc.

Thank you in advance

Mauro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mauro,

it is possible to set a second in the schedule pattern, however the dispatcher is called every 30 seconds (that's my experience with 12.0.2). So it would be of no use creating a job to run every 5 seconds.

The most frequent job I have seen is every 2 minutes. The runtine of the job is far below 2 minutes, however if a job run needs longer than that, it is no problem for MII. Nothing is started twice, only one job period is skipped.

From my experience, it is reliable.

If you want to poll data from a query every nn seconds, maybe you should consider other possiblilities, e.g. PCo (Plant Connectivity) to receive data in MII instead of polling.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Michael.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For what it's worth, I have seen a customer using Oracle set up logic at the database level for the typical 'Trigger' activity to call an http URL into MII. I imagine SQL Server would have some equivalent as well.

Since PCo doesn't monitor records or fields in a DB for triggering MII transactions, using some form of DB trigger to initiate an MII transaction would be better than jacking up the frequency of a scheduled job.