SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derive Commtiment Item in Maintenance order and Maintenance

former_member221085
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Champs,

In my case funds management is on with PM and the system derives fund, fund center (can be seen in IW32 -> GOTO -> Assignments -> Funds Management) automatically but it is not able to derive commitment item automatically in plan as well as in order. I have been checked all the backend settings. Please reply for the following

1- What is the path to view derived screen of commitment item, fund center and fund in maintenance plan?

2- Can anybody tell me, is this derivation (in order and plan both) handle through PM or FI?

3- If it is lie in PM, what should I do to resolve this problem for both order and plan?

Regards,

12 REPLIES 12

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to IMG - Public Sector Management - Funds Management Government - Actual and Commitment Update/Integration - Integration - Maintain Field Status for Assigning FM Account Assignments.

Check what the settings for object type 03 (PM order) are. Make sure, that commitment item is marked as an entry there. Also, check FMDERIVE strategy to verify that there is a rule which will derive CI for PM order based on some parameters.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please tell ma what and where is object type 03?

What should be the parameters on the basis commitment item is derived for maintenance order?

Regards,

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read carefully the answer and you will see...

0 Kudos

Hi,

I got your suggestions but all settings have already made. can you please explain how would I maintain the rule to derive CI for PM orders and maintenance plan? what would be the parameters for this setting?

Best Regards,

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

That depends on your requirements... Can you establish commitment item by some parameter of the PM order? If yes, you can build a rule for this in FMDERIVE. If not, you will have to provide this info manually.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am suffering the same problem, I don't know by which parameter I can create rule, can you tell me what should be the parameters of maintenance order? and how would I establish the rule by using these parameters?

Please give me an example if you can easily, I would be really thankful to you.

Best regards,

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I cannot get you; if you say you don't know what parameters you should use, why do you need this rule at all?

0 Kudos

Hi,

What I am understanding, I want to fill automatically commitment item field by cost element that could be derive from back end of work center activity type or stock material/non stock material consumption G/L or service master G/L. can you tell me please how would I create rule.

Regards,

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have cost element in the derivation strategy in FMDERIVE. So, what's the problem?

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have maintained strategy on the basis of cost element and G/L account in FMDERIVE but still commitment item is not being derived automatically whereas Fund and fund center are driving successfully.

Regards,

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Put a trace in FMDERIVE and see if your conditions are met.

0 Kudos

Trace already putted / maintained.

Regards,