cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

growth PSAPBWPODS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus, a few months ago we was create a Z process chain in our SAP BI system that is execute daily for improve performance. The PC do this 5 steps for some BPS infocubes:

1. Load Mode On

2. Create DB Statistics

3. Delete DB Indexes

4. Create Indexes

5. Plan Mode On

The problem is that our tablespace PSAPBWPODS is full. I checked that since we are running this process chain, the tablespace was growth 2.000 Mb per month, but before of this was only 200 Mb per month.

How is possible to clean up this tablespace? I think that stadistics are the cause of this problem, is possible to delete it?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

to clean this up, ask your BW functional to clean up its PSA (OSD).

It's up to him/her to resolve this issue. It is not a BASIS issue after all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

to clean this up, ask your BW functional to clean up its PSA (OSD).

It's up to him/her to resolve this issue. It is not a BASIS issue after all.

-

We clean the PSA and then refresh db02old and check the current size, but the size is the same at before of this clean.

I suppouse that this issue was by the statistics... how can I delete it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes the size will be the same until you reorganize the tables this will then free up the space.

Your free space in the tablespace will increase. This will be reflected in DB02.

Use brtools for online table reorganization option3 ==> option 1

Note: Assuming you are either on 9i or 10G...

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes the size will be the same until you reorganize the tables this will then free up the space.

Your free space in the tablespace will increase. This will be reflected in DB02.

Use brtools for online table reorganization option3 ==> option 1

Note: Assuming you are either on 9i or 10G...

Mark

-

Thanks Mark, i will try with this and hope this fix my problem.... wait me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In DB02old query all tables and sort them by size.

Have you got lot of these type tables /BIC/B0000<nr>

If yes are these in you ODS tablespace ???

And if you query /BIC/000<nr>* does this account for a lot of tables taking alot of space ?

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In DB02old query all tables and sort them by size.

Have you got lot of these type tables /BIC/B0000<nr>

If yes are these in you ODS tablespace ???

And if you query /BIC/000<nr>* does this account for a lot of tables taking alot of space ?

Mark

-

-

Yes Mark when I check in tablespace PSAPBWPODS, the tables that have more size are like /BIC/B0000* (table part and index part)... What´s that mean??

Thanks.

NEO

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hi,

>

> In DB02old query all tables and sort them by size.

>

> Have you got lot of these type tables /BIC/B0000<nr>

>

>

> If yes are these in you ODS tablespace ???

>

> And if you query /BIC/000<nr>* does this account for a lot of tables taking alot of space ?

>

> Mark

> -

-

>

> Yes Mark when I check in tablespace PSAPBWPODS, the tables that have more size are like /BIC/B0000* (table part and index part)... What´s that mean??

>

> Thanks.

> NEO

Hi neo,

I have had similar tablespace growth and queried this with the functional people as it looks like that PSA was not being deleted

What we found out was since upgrading from BW 3.5 to BI 7.0 earlier in the year some characteristics of the process chains has changed.

The problem that we overlooked in BI 7.0 was that change logs were not being deleted.

Have a word with your functional people to go over the process chains.

In my case after we deleted the change logs and reorganizing the /BIC/B000260 and other tables I got 200GB back!!

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark, can you tell me how is possible reorganice a TABLE PART ??? Because all the tables like /BIC/B0000* are TABLE PART and is no possible to reorganice from brtools... Anyway i tried to reorganizate a table like /BIC/AODS***00 but the size is the same .. Any idea?

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Put three zero's after the number for the table in brtools..

E.G. BIC/B0000169000