cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we use ESR of PI 7.0 with DUET Enterprise Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on DUET enterprise and we are going to use ESR of XI netweaver for defining the web service structures.

In demo we have used it with PI 7.1 where we have the concept of Service Interface with multiple operations.

But we have PI 7.0 in the landscape which have Message Interface rather than service interface and doesnt support multiple operations.

My doubt is whether we can use the IR of PI 7.0 while working with DUET enterprise.

If Yes, please explain in detail.

If no, what are the varios options available?

Thanks

Ajay Garg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not aware how DUET Enterprise connect to PI 7.1 ESR but I trust it is also possible to connect PI7.0.

If you can connect to PI7.0 then you can use PI7.0 IR for defining services, Message Interface is similar to Service Interface except they don't support multiple operations and some other features which may not be relevant for service definition purpose.

PI 7.0 and PI7.1 both use open standard and wsdl to define Message Interface and Service Interface so in principle it should work, so please try and let us know.

If direct working is not possible then possible work around is to copy wsdl from PI 7.0 IR and import in DUET as service structure.

Regards,

Gourav