cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying Document Types.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My client is using almost 200 document types for various Departments. Authorizations have been given depending on specific department.

Now when client is trying to create DIR using Easy Doc or SAP DMS(T-Code: CV01N) on the initial screen after Document Number, when he selects Document Type with F4 help he gets all Document Types.

Please guide how to restrict the display of doc types w.r.t authorizations. For ex. suppose my client is given an authorization for only 10 doc types he should see only 10 doc types not any other.

with regards,

S.Dayanand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dayanand,

why do you not just use the personal list, so every one can configure his one list

regards Iring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check 694747 - Enhancement module Z_EASYDMS_GETDOCTYPES

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

As document types are not plant specific data, we cannot restrict limited document types to be appeared on CV01N screen.

This is a standard behavior.Based on User ID's we can restrict document types i.e through on Roles & authorizations.

User who doesn't have the authorization of that particular document type XYZ ,when he tries to create document on CV01N screen, he gets an error message.

Hope this helps you...

Regards

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dayanand,

This is standard behaviour of dms. You can't restrcit the document types here. The reason behind is that you have not provided any logical input except document number to system. Therefore, system is not able to distinguish the document types.

You may check for probability based on sap user ID's to restrict the document types. But it will be the z-development. You may check and cosult with abap'r for this.

Hope this will be helpful.

Regards,

Ravindra