cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Fake Page Footers in Subreports

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Have main report and that main report has page header and page footer. Main report has subreport also.

SubReport has fake groupHeader (to repeat pageheader on eachpage-this is we can do ) and its detail section is growing to more than one page so group footer shows at last where groups end.

but i want groupfooter on each page (is there any option to make each page on GropFooter)..?

Note:-We gone though following link...if we have only group header and Detail Section then bellow link articles works fine ( we can break spesific Number then its work fine

http://www.crystalclearsolution.com/Crystal-Reports-Tips/Crystal-Reports-Tips.html

In My case-- Every Group and Detail Section Have Summation(SumTotal) Gruop Footer if I Break specific Number Groupfooter getting appear in next Page --I want to show Group record and detail Section and Gruop footer and fake page footer in subreport in Every page.

Anybody have any idea how to repeate groupfooter on each page same as its repeat groupheader.

Thanks & regards

Ramesh Nagineni

Edited by: Ramesh Nagineni on Sep 29, 2010 10:00 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The report footer will not print until the end of the group so you will not see it until the group is done printing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debi,

Thanks for responding ,below I am mentioning the Article from this Link

http://www.crystalclearsolution.com/Crystal-Reports-Tips/Crystal-Reports-Tips.html

Below article gives us Solution if we suppose dont have Sum Total Group Footer on each Deatil Section

Is there any solution for to make "RepeatGroupFooteroneachPage " In Subreports. ???

Article :-

Creating Fake Page Footers in Subreports

To create fake page footers in subreports you need to insert and format a second Details section and a second Report Footer section.

These sections will act as page footers.

You must decide how many records you want per page.

The number of records must be static, as must the fields.

The 'Can Grow' option cannot be selected for any fields.

It is also recommended that you have a static number of groups per page.

The following example creates ten records per page in the Details section without any groups

1. Right click the gray area to the left of the Details section and then click 'Insert Section Below'. You will now have a 'Details a' and a 'Details b' section.

2. On the 'Report' menu, click 'Section Expert'.

3. Click 'Details' (not 'Details a' or 'Details' b) and then click the 'X+2' button next to 'New Page After'.

Insert the following formula in the 'Format Formula Editor':

Remainder(RecordNumber, 10) = 0 Click the 'Save and Close' button.

(This ensures the subreport will have 10 records per page. Change the second argument of the Remainder function in every formula to the number of records you want to see per page.)

4. In the Section Expert, click 'Details b' and then select the 'Print at Bottom of Page' check box.

Then click the 'X+2' button next to 'Suppress (No Drill-Down)'.

Insert the following formula in the 'Format Formula Editor':

Remainder(RecordNumber, 10) <> 0 Click the 'Save and Close' button.

(This makes the 'Details b' section appear at the bottom of each page, every tenth record.)

5. In the Section Expert, click 'Report Footer a' and then select the 'Print at Bottom of Page' check box.

Then click the 'X+2' button next to Suppress (No Drill-Down).

Enter the following formula in the 'Format Formula Editor':

Remainder(RecordNumber, 10) = 0 Click the 'Save and Close' button.

6. Click 'OK' to close the Section Expert.

7. Insert fields and other objects that you want in the fake page footer into both the 'Details a' and 'Report Footer a' sections. Format these two sections so that they are identical.

When the report is previewed, the subreport will have ten records per page with the 'Details b' section at the bottom of each page acting as the page footer. If the last page has less than ten records, the 'Report Footer a' section will act as the page footer instead.

Thanks & Regards

Ramesh Nagineni

Edited by: on Oct 1, 2010 2:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any solution for to make "RepeatGroupFooteroneachPage " In Subreports. ???

No. There is no function function to print the group footer on each page.

The group footer will not print until the data for the group finishes printing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI DebiHerbert,

Thanks for quick reply,

Is there any alternate way to Solve this Issue ?

can we override the Subreport PageFooter to MasterReport PageFooter for specific Subreport?

Is there any posibilty to contact SAP/Crystal Report Support Team to get the Solution for Licenced Version Users.?

Please clarify and finalize the this Issue

Thanks for Quick responcing...!

Thanks & Regards

Ramesh Nagineni

Edited by: Ramesh Nagineni on Oct 1, 2010 3:20 PM

Edited by: Ramesh Nagineni on Oct 1, 2010 3:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any alternate way to Solve this Issue ?

Maybe fake it in the page footer by putting the group header there but any sums you put her will only be for the data printed to this point, not for the entire group.

can we override the Subreport PageFooter to MasterReport PageFooter for specific Subreport?

Not sure what you mean here... you could suppress the subreport page footer.

Is there any posibilty to contact SAP/Crystal Report Support Team to get the Solution for Licenced Version Users.?

I think there is a forum to do just this, but I do not know which one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debiherbert

thanks for Updating me...!

As per your previous responce :-

:- Is there any alternate way to Solve this Issue ?

Maybe fake it in the page footer by putting the group header there but any sums you put her will only be for the data printed to this point, not for the entire group.....!

Can u Please Explain this ..!I How I need to Approch ..Plz ...just Give me thought....!

Explanation :-

Suppose subreport name called "sReport"

here master page footer I am displying some dynamic database field/value...!

I will do sublinking for sReport from master report (I willl pass the that database field/value to sReport then I will append that value to sReport page footer togather)

Now I will Enable sReport Pagefooter...!

can I use conditionally sReport Page Footer needs to Place(overrite) in Master Report Page footer.(if i achive this My Issue will get solve).

or I will supress Dynamic DataField which we placed in Master Report Page footer spefically for this sReport then can we Use sub preport page footer which appended text in master Report .while printing..?

Can We overrite sReport pagefooter to master repot page footer conditionally....?

is it --->http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/?

Thanks & regards

Ramesh nagineni

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sorry but I can not help you any further with this. You will need to experiment with your report to see what you can do with it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you so much Debi,I am doing some R& D and Experiments on this ...!

if I got solution ...I will post here Solution....!

Thanks & regads

Ramesh nagineni

Edited by: kbrpuram on Oct 7, 2010 9:42 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

here I am Elaborating my question ...

conditionally I Printed the Group footer and Detailb Section in subreport (and I am using this is as page footeri subreport)

Deatil A section I am breaking every some 'N' records after that I am printing Bottom of the Page DetailsB section in everypage.

Group --Policy Number

Details A

.............(Some N Records)

.........................................................Group Footer (Sum Total for Every Policy Group)

Group --Policy Number

Details A

.........................................................Group Footer (Sum Total for Every Policy Group)

In Ending Of the Every page while breaking :-

Group --Policy Number

Details A

Details B (I am using this is as page footer)

.....................................................Group Footer (Sum Total for Every Policy Group) This will getting appear in Next page.

If I don't have group Footer Then We can use details B section As a page footer...!

I f have group footer then .Group Footer will getting appear in Next page as I explained above sample

I followed Bellow articles--> Subject -- "Creating Fake Page Footers in Sub reports"

this article will helpful for without grouping.

While grouping and page breaking the recorsd how I need to achieve this ?

Please help me on this ...!

Thanks & regards

Ramesh nagineni

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved to Crystal Reports Design forum