cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependency Rule realted to User

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am developing a mobile application using NW7.

One client (Notebook with Windows) is used by multiple users (they swap user three times a day. Before starting to work they synch the data).

Is it possible to build the Distrubution Model related to the UserId?

Thanks in advance

Jens

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I will filter in the client.

Thanks

Jens

VikasLamba
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

As far as I understand your requirement, you want to create an application which will be installed on a notebook and the physical device will be shared by 3 users at different times. Thus you want to make data access mutually exclusive for all the 3 users.

This problem will be best solved by implementing the user authorization concept on top of the DB on the client side rather than by distribution model. In Distribution modle you can specify user information and NW7 will calculate data and send for the device if the user criteria match. In your case the user will be a list fo 3 users on same device thus server will have to send data for all 3 users to the device. Synchronization will not download user specific data.

Thus you should implement a local role management which is supported by NW Java client and DOE server by the USER AUTHORIZATION data object.

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vikas,

thanks for your fast reply.

Yes, you understood ma requirements correctly.

I thought I could implement a distribution role like:

ORDER.USER_ID EQ MOBILE.CATEGORY.USER

to copy only orders, which are defined for the mobile desvice user (=synch user)

This assumes that all my getDetail-RFC's got this field in their return table...

So the way you are proposing is to filter this data on the client. Are there documents available to show how this could be done?

Jens

VikasLamba
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

As I mentioned earlier even by having a USER field in your data object and mapping it to your USER field of device you cannot ensure data seperation on same application on same device. With that model you can ensure data segregation across two devices but if all users are using same device then its inevitable to download the data for all the users to the device database and then only client application can restrict the access.

Ideally the authorization concpet has to be controlled from the Backend system e.g. Let's say you have a service application used by a technician and a manager (hypothetical). There can be some pricing data which the technicican need not see. So the application can be coded to use the SAP AUTH OBJECTS concpet to allow access to viewing these fields only if the the value of some authorization object is assigned to this user.

e.g. IF XYZ-VIEW = 2 => Show Else Do not show.

This way the client application wortks on the auth object values and at runtime the BE system will assign these values to different users and these will flow down to the application via DOE at runtime and activate the authorizations concept.

There is no specific documentation available on this but you can find the SAP Authorization concpet on SDN/Google and implement it accordingly.

Regards,

Vikas