Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Error While Running Upgrade Assistant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are in process of upgrading SAP from 4.7 EX 2 to ECC 6.0 in I5/V6R1M0 on

AS400.When running the statup of the UA server we are running into error saying

that" Unable to start Java shell, reason code 3006". Any Idea what could be the problem.

Regards!

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the reply.I am logged it with <SID>OFR user as per the document. I Can see the Env Variable for SAPSYSTEMNAME, INSTANCE_NAME alreadyset . Can you please let me know what all Env variable are required? I have set the JAVA_HOME pointing to Java dir but while starting UASERVER the variable gettting changed to "0652-033 Cannot

Open /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/profile/<SID>_*NULL_<server_name>."

Appreciate your quick help on this..

Regards!!

Ravi

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

The variables mentioned in my first reply should be sufficient for determination of your profile's location and name. The resulting string is what you see:

/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/profile/<SID>_*NULL_<server_name>."

lets me assume that

SAPSYSTEMNAME is set to <SID>

INSTANCE_NAME is not set at all

and most probably

SAPLOCALHOST is set to <server_name>

Can you verify that the values are meaningfull (real SID, something like DVEBMGS00, real server name) before you call command UASERVER?

Regards,

Thomas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the help.INSTANCE_NAME was missing and after assigning UA is working fine.

Thank you!!

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below is the exact error we are getting

Directory grep: 0652-033 Cannot

Open /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/profile/<SID>_*NULL_<server_name>. in JAVA_HOME

environment variable not found. Java Virtual Machine not

created.

Java program completed with exit code 1

Regards!!

Ravi

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Seems your environment is not as expected. You should check if you are running with the correct user according to the documentation. Then environment variables SAPSYSTEMNAME, INSTANCE_NAME should be set automatically. If property jstartup/vm/home is not set in your instance profile you will miss environment variable JAVA_HOME. The you should set this one manually to the VM you are using.

HTH,

Thomas