cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification for Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Champs,

I m having a requirement regarding DMS. i want to create a document with a document life mean after a specified time document will archive itself or some things is there that should alert to creater, approver, or owner of document (via email) about document life i.e. getting expire.

so gurus please suggest me about this logic if something is there related to notification in DMS.

Thanks

Girish Goyal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear G. Goyal

Please check if this helps you.

Maintain a characteristics for a document called Expiry Date With Format as Date format.

This will specify the expiry data of the document you have created.

Create a program and schedule it periodically say daily at 00.00 Hrs to check the the date periodically. If expiry date has to intimated to user prior a week before the this program will send an email or workflow to users inbox .

this is the easiest way.

With Regards

Mangesh Pande

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can track the document changes from DRAP table.You can schedule a background program to check the document status and the dates periodically and trigger notification alerts based on it.

Regards

Keerthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Status is already fixed for document, in this case you can use the status log field for dates and time. This will help ti write a abap program to run in backgroud with logic as per your date requirement. e.g. If your document is expiring on a date then notification can be send to users before few days as per your requirement. This will work in background by midnight 00.00 time cycle run. This can be achived in z-program.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

This is possible in workflow. Workflow is used to send mails, notification,sms to concern people once the document is having desired status. Document workflow can be used for this based on status network. Workflow is a part of abap development.

Hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

i know about workflow its can be done by status change only i want to do it like document status is complete and its distributed after that it will be expire in sometime coz that document is going to create for a specific period only or i want alert kind of thing . is that possible by workflow?

Thanks

Girish