cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program ID fro RFC Connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm trying to create a RFC Connection betwen SAP BI and SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services). In SM59 screen i'm unable to get the appropriate Program ID required for the connection. Could someone please help me in knowing how to get it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you are using PI here not BI. You can give any string as program id in RFC destination(connection type T). Its case sensitive and also need to ensure that same program id is configured in the RFC sender adapter of PI.

Please check below blog for details-

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

regards,

francis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here J Augastine is right.

Actually first you create a communication channel in ID and then activate the object.

Then create an RFC destination in ECC and then copy the aggreement name in which you used the above created comm.channel,and assign it in Registered program id field which is case sensitive.

jose_augastine3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to create a TCP/IP RFC destination in SM59 in the calling system, with the option of 'resigter as server program'. That is your program ID. Its case sensitive. Make sure your unicode settings are also in sync between XI and the other system.

Thanks and regards,

J Augastine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go thru these threads...might help you.

Regds,

Pinangshuk.