cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC - PI - PI thru HTTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i having scenario saying that ... IDOC --- PI ( MY PI server ) --- PI ( 3rd Party ) thru HTTP Connections ..

i have created a IDOC in R/3 , i pushed to my PI server

Now , what i need is i want to Push my XML document which is in MY PI server has to Pushed to some other 3rd party PI server thru HTTP connection

How to Do that .. i have to generate a HTTP Link , that has to pass to 3rd party Pi server . How to do that

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to configure the target PI system as Communication Component, create a Receiver Communication Channel of type PI (I would suggest to use the PI Adapter and not HTTP).

In the receiver channel you need to specifiy the URL of the target PI and provide logon data.

Alternatively you can specifiy an SM59 Connection instead of directly entering the URL.

Best regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

i echo this suggestion. XI adapter is a better option here.

recommended approach is to create a HTTP destination on XI1 that points to the entry URL on XI2. i.e. connection type H

target host : hostname of target XI

path prefix : /sap/xi/engine?type=entry

service number : <confirm with basis>

and you are ready !!!...provided your network allows data to be sent from XI1 to XI2...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mark

Thanks for Your Reply

Due to security concern , i Need to use HTTP . Because it was recomended by the 3rd party . they Need Only HTTP connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amol

All those connection has been made in My Pi & Target PI . Connection is successful

what i need is . How can i generate the URL in MY PI . Since i have Pushed my IDOC (r/3) to PI (My PI)

Now i Need to Push that particular XML document to Thier PI thru HTTP . how to do that . What are all steps required in MY PI .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to generate the URL, then you have to ask the third Party SAP PI team to provide the integration engine path of their server.

They can easily find it in the SXMB_ADM transaction --> Configuration of Integration Engine.

I hope you have the IP address and port no of their server.

Once all the above information is there then you can create the URL using below syntax:

http://<hostname:port>/<path>;

Refer the below link for more details:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/0d/5ab43b274a960de10000000a114084/frameset.htm

In your PI system, the scenario is just pass through.

As it is Idoc coming in, sender channel is not required & hence no sender agreement.

Create the business system for the third party PI server, create HTTP receiver communication channel.

I don't think so IR configuration is required for this scenarion, just import the idoc into IR.

In ID, while creating Interface determination, give the inbound interface name as same Idoc only.

No interface mapping is required.

Once the Idoc will reach from R/3 to your PI server, it will directly go to the third party Pi server.

I hope it solved your problem, let me know if not.

-Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Supriya

It Works

I have closed the Question & rewarded the marks too

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

create a HTTP Destination from your PI system to 3rd Party PI System (in SM59).

Use the same in Receiver HTTP Communication Channel for sending data from your PI system to 3rd party PI System.

Use same interface, which is sent from your system to 3rd party Receiver.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to create the HTTP receiver channel in your PI server.

In that PI server, to generate the link you should know the address of integration server of Third party PI.

Also, you can use RFC destination as well to push the data, for that you have to create the RFC destination in your PI server in SM59.

-Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Supriya

can u tell me how to do it