cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem connecting to SAP 4.6 from VS 2003

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Before I could say my prob, let me say that I have read most of the posts here, the article about .NET connector in http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/51/d5470940fd564b888f4beb9523fa6c/frameset.htm

Firstly, I'm could not follow each step since I could not get a SAP Connector wizard (as explained in 5.c), I could get a direct wsdl file from my SAP.NET connector installation (But, I cannot specify the RFM - RFC_CUSTOMER_GET). How do I get that wizard ? Please help me, I have a delivery with SAP very soon. I need help quickly. Thanks for your patience to read this [I see many people asking similar question again and again, so as a Reader, you would have got bored :)] I would really be thankful to any kind of help to get me going. Thanks all

Hari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, what ever I do, I get the

SAP.Connector.RfcException: Missing R3NAME=... or ASHOST=... in connect ... blah blah error.

I already saw few similar posts and posted my question there too. I'm a little desperate now for the answer since time is running out quickly for me. Btw, does .NET 2003 Pro sample support SAP 4.6c Server ?

If it doesn't all my questions will be answered.

Please help

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Btw, does .NET 2003 Pro sample support SAP 4.6c

> Server ?

Sure.

> SAP.Connector.RfcException: Missing R3NAME=... or

> ASHOST=... in connect ... blah blah error.

This means that the connection string is incomplete. If you see the error inside of Visual Studio (expanding Server Explorer to create a proxy), make sure that the properties of the "SAP Server" are correct. At minimum you have to specify the Properties "AppServerHost", "SystemNumber", "Client", "Username", and "Password" (this is for "Custom Logon Settings"). If you use a SAPLOGON destination, make sure that it works correctly with SAPGUI).

If you see the problem at runtime (e.g. with one of the samples), make sure that your code correctly constructs the connection string. Typically you use an instance of the "Destination" class (or one of its subclasses). You need to configure this object correcly.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The article you mentioned is about .NET Connector 1.x. The documentation for 2.x (including a similar tutorial) is installed as Visual Studio Online help.

The problem does NOT have to do with the VS 2005 express that is additinally installed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I would like to supplement my query -

I'm working on VS 2003 Pro... BUT, I have the 2005 express installed in my system. Could this be the problem for the SAP connector class not showing up ?

Should I uninstall the 2005 Express edition to make this work ???

Please let me know, its quite urgent

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think, It is because of VS 2005. VS 2005 does not support for SAP .Net connector design time.

Why don't you uninstall the 2005 and check it. Otherwise check it from some other system only where VS 2003 installed.

Thanks & Regards,

Govind.