cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW Publisher

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have just installed the SAP Int Kits XI 3.1 SP3.

And have configured the BW Publisher via the registry with the following:

Program ID : BW_Publish

Gateway Host : xx.xxx.xxx.xx (which is my SAP BI Application Server)

Gateway Service : 3300

In Central Configuration Manager, I can't start the BW Publisher.... when I click on Start, it stay in "yellow" for a while, then "red" again. What could be wrong?

FYI. My BOBJ server can communicate to my BW server as I can import the BW role into BOBJ server, but not sure why the Publisher can't be started.

Any clue?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have to define the BW system information here.

former_member59816
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

For publishing the Crystal reports, you can do it from the Crystal report designer where you can create any report with BW as a data source and select to save the report both to backend BW which you have connected and to BOE.

-Noor.

IngoH
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

make sure that in the registry you are using the fully qualified name as host name and that you can reach the BW system via the fully qualified name. In addition the gateway service should be 33XX where XX represent your system number. so in your case the system number would be 00.

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I changed the Gateway Service from 3300 to sapgw01 in both RFC and registry, then can start the BW Publish service now.

I have also configured the BusinessObjects Enterprise server definition in /CRYSTAL/RPTADMIN based on /people/ingo.hilgefort/blog/2008/09/23/businessobjects-and-sap--publishing-of-crystal-reports-part-1-of-3

However, I donu2019t get to see how we can publish the Crystal Report from /CRYSTAL/RPTADMIN into BOE.

Can you advise please.

IngoH
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

take a look here:

Publishing part 1

/people/ingo.hilgefort/blog/2008/09/23/businessobjects-and-sap--publishing-of-crystal-reports-part-1-of-3

Publishing part 2

/people/ingo.hilgefort/blog/2008/09/24/businessobjects-and-sap--publishing-of-crystal-reports-part-2-of-3

Publishing part 3

/people/ingo.hilgefort/blog/2008/09/24/businessobjects-and-sap--publishing-of-crystal-reports-part-3-of-3

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got it up and running.

Now when I try to Publish the Crystal Report from BW into BOE via /CRYSTAL/RPTADMIN, I hits the following error:

0000000001 The database location string "CLIENT=100 LANG=EN ASHOST=" is not valid for report D7F5D2U9ZNY10C8ZZO5O7DU0A in language EN Check the settings in transaction: rscr_maint_publish

What could be the error?

May be I didn't configure the SAP source parameter correctly, can you confirm exactly what I need to enter here?

I dont get to see the sample in Ingo's blog on this.

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PM,

I am stuck up in a same situation where you people are discussing, what i need to do to move further. I am unable to publish the BI content delivered Crystal Reports to BOE. Kindly help on this.

--SumanT.

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Issue resolved.

0 Kudos

Hello Suman! Could you explain how did you resolve it? I'm facing the same issue.

former_member59816
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do check in the BW System which you have configured has RFC connection running.

Use the SM59 transaction and check the connection, whether it is successful or not with the same Program ID which you are trying to run in CCM.

If not then correct this and then try to connect from BOE CCM.

-Noor.