cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure Sender email address in SCOT/SOST

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Could you please tell how to configure a particular sender (email address) to send emails from SAP?

I configured SCOT on our ECC system to send emails and fax to eFax server.

I could see that anyone can send email messages from SAP to this external server.

I have put " * " in the address area under SMTP for Internet and Fax in SCOT. I understand that by putting " * " anyone can receive emails.

But, how do I configure just one single user to send these emails in the SOST queue?

Is there any separate background job that I need to schedule? I did go through few forums but did not find an answer.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ravali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi,

Email will be going from the default email address maintained in the user master record of the user which is trying to send the mail. You can change the email address of the user for changing the sender email address

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>I have put " * " in the address area under SMTP for Internet and Fax in SCOT. I understand that by putting " * " anyone can receive emails.

No, it means that the SAP system can send mails to any addresses.

If a job creates emails, the sender address will be the one of the abap user executing the job.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sahad and Olivier,

Thanks for the response.

I do understand both of your points.

But, is there a way to process the queued messages in SOST using a single sender?

We have eFax server setup and an account with abc at company dot com created on eFax.

Since we have only a single account created on eFax, we can only send messages using abc@company-com from SAP.

For this, I added this email to my user account and then sent an email to eFax.

No one else can send an email to eFax as they have their own email addresses in their accounts.

I wanted to process and send these messages with abc at company dot com irrespective of the different senders. Hope you understand my question.

Thanks,

Ravali

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the best way to do this would be to have an ABAPer to create a program (or one may already exist) that is designed to send the information that you want and use the specified account as the originating address. That way your users execute the program rather than send on their own.

You could just set all users to have the same email address in their user profile, but that would likely create other issues in the future if you want to send other email correspondance from SAP users.