Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC implementation preparatory steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have project commencing soon for GRC implementation in existing SAP environment. Though I have worked as SAP Basis and security consultant and provided support for GRC project for some time. Implementation would be a new task for me.

I have gone through the installation and configuration guides available at SDN for all the AC 5.3 components. This makes me little bit comfortable with the project.

Now I would like to know the major things that I must prepare beforehand. From experience if you guys can suggest the issues that I must be facing. The thing which I am concerned is about creating rules and risks which i believe would be tough without prior experience.(Or this would be taken care with the help of business process owners).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sanjay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I too am looking for similar information so I am posting my question in the same thread.

I was going through the GRC 5.3 sizing guide for figuring out the hardware requirement for RAR. We wanted to go with the expert sizing of RAR. Expert sizing takes into account the factors such as no.of users, roles and violations. I thought we can easily figure out the no.of roles and no.of users but how do I estimate "Number of SOD Violations"? Please advice..

@ Sanjay,

I will just outline of what we did so far..hope this might help you

Here at our company, we started off by 1) buying the GRC access control suite, 2) deciding what components within GRC will be implemented first. 3) systems (ECC, BI, etc) in scope

4) System landscape (Dev and Test will be on one box, Prod will be on another box)

5) Sizing based on systems in scope

6) Decide whether to install on existing Solman or install on a new box...(bcos all that GRC 5.3 needs is NW04s Java stack)

7) Buy hardware based on sizing, Install NW

and so on...

Thanks in advance for your input...

regards,

Venkateswara Rao

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I too am looking for similar information so I am posting my question in the same thread.

I was going through the GRC 5.3 sizing guide for figuring out the hardware requirement for RAR. We wanted to go with the expert sizing of RAR. Expert sizing takes into account the factors such as no.of users, roles and violations. I thought we can easily figure out the no.of roles and no.of users but how do I estimate "Number of SOD Violations"? Please advice..

@ Sanjay,

I will just outline of what we did so far..hope this might help you

Here at our company, we started off by 1) buying the GRC access control suite, 2) deciding what components within GRC will be implemented first. 3) systems (ECC, BI, etc) in scope

4) System landscape (Dev and Test will be on one box, Prod will be on another box)

5) Sizing based on systems in scope

6) Decide whether to install on existing Solman or install on a new box...(bcos all that GRC 5.3 needs is NW04s Java stack)

7) Buy hardware based on sizing, Install NW

and so on...

Thanks in advance for your input...

regards,

Venkateswara Rao

0 Kudos

Hi

What on Earth are you doing?

You need the knowledge beforehand to implement - not during and afterwards.

I give up

Edited - " what on Earth" would/should have been WTF but I was in a mellow mood

Edited by: David Berry on Sep 29, 2010 12:17 AM