cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Deliveries with Zero items

Former Member
0 Kudos

SD experts,

We create SO in SD after the fact, we have a 3rd party systems that initiates the SO, delivers and ships. then we just recreate the sales order to capture financial info only. However we have a scenario where we create a SO with say two line items, with a qty on each. There is a second process that updates the order and creates the delivery, however, we see sometimes that the delivery gets created with a zero line item qty. Say the SO was for a total of 10 qty 5+5, and if the process did not find stock goods for the second 5 items it creates a delivery with only 5 items, and it bills it.

There is a manual process that needs to be done, the process I want to do is simple just put the delivery on block if it has a line item with zero, so that the user can investigate, or not billed invoices where delivery has a zero line item.

Can anyone help me with this request?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can try with incompletion procedure (spro-> Logistics execution ->Shipping -> basic shipping function->Incompletion control for deliveries).

Here for delivery item, you can add field LIPSD-G_LFIMG (Delivery quantity) or LIPS -NTGEW (Net weitght of the item) in the incompletion procedure. Assign required status for the imcompletion procedure, by which you can avoid post goods issue and further creation of billing document.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

Appreciate your angle of thought.

Just wanted to correct the later part of your solution on incompletion procedure. When stock is not there even though a delivery is createdwith 0 qty then there wouldn't be any qty for Goods Issue and Billing, right.

Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sadhu,

You are correct, there will be zero qty and you will only bill those line items that have qty. Our process is somehow unique, we have a 3rd party system, this makes us maintain both systems when it comes to inventory, if the inventory was maintained in the 3rd party system but not in SAP, i now have a discrepancy, because, the 3rd party system which is also where the invoices go out to the customer will show correct qty, but when it comes into SAP it may book the entry for less. So the only way to stop is to block any deliveries for billing and have the user reserach and then mantain the delivery and bill it manually.

Hope this makes sense...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shiva,

I did just that and assigned the incomplete procedure to delivery item type DOGN, but I still was able to create goods issue with a zero qty.

Our process is Sales Order - Delivery - WMS Transfer - Goods Issue - Billing

I wonder if I have to stop it before it gets to be WMS transfer part. is there a way to see the item categories used for some of the WMS transfer and goods issue already created? I may be assigning it to the wrong item category. Due to our business process I have to create the delivery even with a zero qty line item, and block it from further processing and have the user research it. This issue only happens when there are multiple line items, when the systems creates the auto WMS transfer the delivery looks that it was fully picked. I don't mind to even stop it at the WMS transfer/picking level. Do you have any suugestions?

1- Do you know how to look up the the item category for the WMS transfer document created?

2- Do you know how to look up the item category fo rthe Goods Issue already done?

Thank You for your help,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Frank

Did you consider avoiding the situation,. i.e., not to create delivery with zero item quantity.

You can do this by configuring the field ' Check quantity 0' in Delivery tem cat Config (OVLP).

Hope this helps,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to make the transaction clear its 0VLP ( Zero VLP) not OVLP.