cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing attribute values for main records

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please let me know the procedure of importing attribute values for main records.

My file looks like this

Material nos Class Attribute Value

1 A A1 1

1 A A2 2.

The material and the class assignment is already done. I need to update the materials with the attribute values given in the excel.

Regards

Nilanjan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I could partition the attribute name field by the attribute value field and achieved the required mapping.

Regards

Nilanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sudhanshu,

I know the mapping part. I actually need some input about how to partition the attribute name and value pair into attribute name and value hierarchy so that I can map the same to the destination attribute name and value hierarchy.

I dont want to use pivoting and create the attribute names as individual fields and map it to attributes viewed as 'Multiple attributes'.

Regards

Nilanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Means your excel file contains one coloumn tha contain all attributes and one coloumn that contain all values

and one coloumn that contains unique field of maintable.

M i correct or your structure is diferent.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Importing the taxanomy is not the problem I am facing. I have already imported the classes, attributes, attribute text values and class attribute link.

I need to know how I can import the attribute values for the main records in this case for materials.

Regards

Nilanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To fill attribute value in maintable you have to maintain maintainable key identifier field and attributes

your excel will be like

productid(maintable unique field)

attribute1

attribute2

attributeN

You have to include category field also if category not assigned already to maintable record.

Now in import manger

1. MAP productid to unique field of destination maintable

2. MAP all attribute to the attributes that is defined at destination side under Category[Atributes]

3.in the match record section select unique field to match records

4 imporet the file and check in data manger .

all value will be imported in data manger to attribute section.

Hope it help you to import attribute to main table.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

just check this link

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPMDM/eClassTaxonomyinCustomRepositories#eClassTaxonomyinCustomRepositories-Step4%3AImporttheeClassHierarchy

hope it helps you.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu