cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alphanumeric number range of Rebate agreements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Question on using u2018Alphanumericu2019 number range of Rebate agreements. We would like to use alphanumeric number range for our rebate agreements so that we can build certain logic such as year\customer\type for easy reporting & grouping. For instance first digits for year, next 3 digits for customer code and so on. We are using SAP 4.7.

Question - Are there any disadvantages of using alphanumeric number range for Rebate agreements. Does it cause any performance issues. I hope it is not. What we read & noticed that Rebate related transactions & reports are performance intensive. Hence I would like to double check with forum if anyone using alphanumeric number range for Rebate agreements & any issues encountered.

Any feedback on above would be really appreciated.

thanks

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think there will be any impact on performance if you use an alphanumeric number range instead of a number. Anyhow, you have to use a number range. You are only enabling this by coding(may be) instead of just configuration.

The only thing you have to remember is that there should not be any buffering issue in number range. Otherwise your own number range (alphanumeral) will work as good as any other number range.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishnan for you feedback. What do you mean by 'buffering' issues. Can you pls elaborate. What I need to watched out for.

Sunil

Answers (0)