cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supplier Hierarchy issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

anyone have idea to map 0XALSUPPA (Source System Supplier (parent) (ERP).

As far as I understood this field is to enable supplier hierarchy in SPM.

We are using datasource method to map from ECC but 0XALSUPPA (Source System Supplier (parent) (ERP) is not part of datasource (Z_SADSERPSUPPLIER)?

Rgds,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Supplier parent field "0XALSUPPA" is not available in source. And you are right it is used to create a supplier hierarchy in SPM. The parent filed should be a valid supplier ID which can then be used to build a BW hierarchy. You can either populate it using additional code / enhancement in the SPM extractor or you can populate this using a flat file load. Either way you need to populate this if you want a source system supplier hierarchy to be generated.

Also typically business users would like to see supplier hierarchy for 'cleansed supplier' - 0XARSUPPL. Cleansed supplier also has supplier parent field - 0XASUPPLPAR. Cleansed supplier is master data that is received after the data goes through DSE (Data Standardization and Enrichment) process. During this process you can populate the supplier parent field. And generate the cleansed supplier hierarchy during load into SPM. Cleansed supplier is valid only if you are planning for DSE in your project, if not don't worry about it.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rohit,

I am trying to create custom vendor hierarchy datasoure in ECC and map directly to 0XALSUPPA in BI with standard BI method to update 0XALSUPPA hierarchy table, I will keep you posted if struck in between.

Rgds,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I am also in the similar situation of creating Flat file or Custom hierarchies for SPM in BI and load them through Flat Files. So I would like to know how are uploading hierarchy tables of std 0X objects, are you using ABAP programs, if so please tell me the approach.

Would greatly thank for help

regards

sathyasree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathyasree,

Its not easy to populate the hierarchy table directly in BW. Instead follow the suggestions mentioned above. Populate the parent attribute in the master data object and use the SPM program to generate hierarchy. The program to be used is "RSXSA_HIERARCHY_UPLOAD", the values you need to pass this program are:

Upload ID: just use 1

Hierarchy name: Provide a valid hierarchy name

Info-object: is the characteristics on which you want to create a hierarchy (0XARLSUPP, 0XAREWCCAT, ETC...)

Hierarchy-bearing attribute: This is the attribute which will provide a valid parent ID

Hierarchy root node: Root node of the hierarchy.

This program is called in few SPM process chains (0ASA_XA_P14, 0ASA_XA_P04, 0ASA_XA_P27), these should give you a good idea of how this program works.

Limitations of the above program for now.

1. Make sure this is one and only record where the ID and the parent match, this is basically the root node of your hierarchy.

2. Text nodes are not supported at the moment to create a hierarchy.

3. External characteristics are not supported to create a hierarchy.

4. The ID provided in the parent attribute has to be a valid master data ID.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rohit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since answers have been provided and no subsequent questions have been raised, marking this thread as assumed answered.

Regards

Rajesh