Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnostics agent 7.11 on failover environment

rohan_hardikar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are installing agent in production box which also consists of failover box. So in this case how we are going to perform installation of diag agent and configuration from solution manager side.

How will the agent recognize the failover switch and continue to monitor the system. How will this work. and how the agent will handle failover situation on managed server node?

Thanks,

Rohan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There

Please refer to this note 1365123 and the attached PPT file with it .

Will answer your all query.

Best Regards

Jai Wardhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rohan,

Please go through the note 1365123 - Installation of Diagnostics Agents and review attached Rules

there is a ppt attached about Agent_Installation_Strategy i think you can find your answer there.

Anything else let us know.

Regards

Shailesh Mamidwar

rohan_hardikar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I already went through the PPT but i did not understand some points here:

1. Diagnostic agent must move with their respective virtual host and managed systems. How to do this?

2. Do we need to install agent in 2 hosts i.e. in failover host and currently working host

3. How to mount /usr/sap/DAA directory from share

4. Switch over environment MUST be configured to guarantee that ONLY the agent on the active server cluster node is started and that beforehand the agent on previous cluster node remains stopped. I think this sentence means that wily agent in one java node in one cluster node must be stopped. How can we achieve this..will this happen automatically and we need to do configuration from solman 2 times i.e. for failover system id and running sid.

Maybe these que are based on OS level and i am not much into HP-UX level.

Thanks,

Rohan