Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

L_TO_CREATE_SINGLE : Error message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using the FM L_TO_CREATE_SINGLE. to create a TO. There are three situations in which this FM is run:

1. Custom Code runs in foreground

2. Custom Code (same code) runs in backgound.

3. The FM is called from LT01.

Now for the situation one I am getting an error message. I debugged this and strangely enough the statement for message is

MESSAGE W104 WITH LTAP-NLPLA LTAP-MATNR. 

The message type is warning and still I get the error message. Now in situation 2 and 3 same statement is executed. for situation 3 I see I am getting a warning (as per the statement it looks correct). For Situation 2 I am not sure but since the TO is created I am assuming its warning message.

Now the question is why am I getting an error message when the statement clearly says W as the message type. And what can be done to fix it.

P.S.: Previous posts on this do not provide any solution so posting it as new questions.

Thanks

Anuj

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean that SAP changes the W to E, or that SAP pops up a screen with the Warning, like it does for error messages? If so, this is a user setting that controls whether pop-up or bottom of screen. If you con't want the user to see, wrap logic around when it should appear.... you know how the program was called and how it;s being executed...

0 Kudos

The statement that is getting executed is the same. Message W104...

But in one case (LT01) I get a warning message (it flashes a yellow message at the bottom and you can proceed by hitting enter).

When the custom code runs I get the message as error (Red message at the bottom).

0 Kudos

we have decided to use a generic exception (ERROR_MESSAGE) to handle this situation. This is not the cleanest solution but works for our situation. Closing the thread.