cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sneak Preview on SONY Vaio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am planning to buy a notebook. My friends are successfullty running NetWeaver Sneak Preview on HP/Toshiba/Dell laptops. I want to buy a SONY Vaio Dual Core. Could someone please tell me if Sneak Preview runs successfully on a SONY Vaio.

Thanks & Regards,

Shobhit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have installed it in my Dell LapTop. But I changed the configuration to 1.5 GB RAM , 80GB single partition and OS Windows 2003 ( guess default os is Windows XP, if you change to Win 2003, you may not get harward drivers.. check before changing the OS. However XP is okay)

Cheers

Jawahar Govindaraj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The software is not hardware specific, just need to be running on a windows XP os. Check the system requirements in the download section.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls check service.sap.com/quicksizing for the HW requirements based on your needs.

Eddy

PS.

Put yourself on the SDN world map (http://sdn.idizaai.be/sdn_world/sdn_world.html) and earn 25 points.

Spread the wor(l)d!

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls don't forget to reward points and close the question if you find the answers useful.

Eddy

PS.

Put yourself on the SDN world map (http://sdn.idizaai.be/sdn_world/sdn_world.html) and earn 25 points.

Spread the wor(l)d!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guyz,

Thanks for your replies. I am very much aware that NWDS is not hardware specific. But I am looking for a performance review of Sneak Preview WAS on a SONY VAIO because I have heard that it WAS performs best on Toshiba/HP laptops and not on others.

Cheers!!

Shobhit

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Brand doesn't matter. Only RAM and CPU.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Technically speaking you are right. But my SAP R/3 crashed on a VAIO repeatedly but is stable on Toshiba/Dell inspite of the same hardware config.

But I'll take your advise and go for it.

Thanks & Regards,

Shobhit