Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms - empty page

ans1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I call different smartforms dynamically at runtime.

One of the smartforms has the following structure:

Main Window

- Loop at global table

At "Initialization" I fill the global table. In some cases the table is initial. Still an empty page is printed.

Do I have any chance to prevent the printing of an empty page?

Thanks a lot!

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know if it's possible to force the end of printing of a receipt in zebra from smartforms. There's some receipt that use only one page, but another receipts use more than one page. The need of forcing the end of the print, is the client don't want a piece of blank page when the data to print doesn't fill the all two pages.

I don't know if i'm doing to understand.

Thank You anyway.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

I do not clear what's your requirement? Do you print 2 smartforms at times or only one? You can control your data to print or not, if global table does not contain data then skip print your form.

Please make it clear.

Thanks,

ans1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for reply.

I fill a customizing table containing information which smartforms has to be printed.

My temporary solution is that I extend the customizing table by one column. This column contains the name of the local table in my program calling the smartforms. I check dynamically if this local table has any content. If true I call the smartforms else not.

But I am looking for a solution in the smartforms form, not in the calling program.

Something in the initialization that quit printing for example. I try something like Leave, leave to screen... But then I get error messages like "Open Spool Request found"...

😕

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does output error message meet your requirement?(something is that data can not be display or sth like that). I think you can not use statement LEAVE or LEAVE TO SCREEN can not be processed in smartforms?

Regards,

ans1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Not really, after error message the program closes. I want to print on.

You are right, I can't use this statements

Any other ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okie, now we make it easier to understand. You have a internal table for loop node for printing data, if your internal table is empty then do not print or not??

Thanks,

ans1
Explorer
0 Kudos

You are right.

My temporary solution checks this internal table before calling the smartforms function module.

But I don`t like this solution

So I`m asking for a method to stop printing during the smartforms function module processing.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

before calling the smartform first check the table which you are passing is initial or not.

inside this condition call smartform else it wont even calls the smartforms.

best wishes,

Sasi Kanth.

ans1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

well how can I should explain it?

You explain my actual solution. But attention: I call 6 smartforms dynamically, that means I have a customizing table containing

- smartforms name

- active flag

I append a column "CHKDT" (Check data) to this table. Here the user can enter a name for example "LT_TABLE". In the print program I assign "LT_TABLE" and check if this table is initial or not an call the smartform.. or even not... So only one table can be checked for each smartform.

But I don`t like this solution! I wanne know if there is any possibilty to check the data in the smartform and stop printing out of the smartform.

I hope u can understand

Thanks a lot!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

I've never faced this issue before but try to use SSF_OPEN and SSF_CLOSE FM while printing smartforms (check report SF_EXAMPLE_03). I think you could check your custom table and assign table for smartforms by this way.

Again, your idea is great mate.

Good luck,

Thien

ans1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I try the function modules SSF_OPEN and SSF_CLOSE.

In this context I noticed that the print preview shows an empty page, but printing does nothing. I say print empty page but the printer doesn't print an empty page.

I talk to our customer and he aggrees

- Print preview show empty page

- Printing skip empty page

So I don't need to check any table content before printing or to use the function modules SSF_OPEN and SSF_CLOSE.

I agreed with this solution!

Thanks a lot!