cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write On\Off Stock Without Corresponding IM Movements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey There,

Our business users have gotten themselves tangled up in some knots. There was a stock count that took place where stock was written on and off our system from an IM point-of-view with the 701 and 702 movements but without the corresponding WM movement alongside it.

From what I know the correct way to write off stock is to move the stock into the Differences bin and then do the 712 movement to complete the WM movment and do the corresponding IM movment. To write on stock, you should just reverse the processes.

However, as the business just used the 701\702 movments, there was no corresponding WM movements and so there are stock differences all over the place.

To complicate matters this stock take took place in a previous period that has been closed and some of the stock has been either sold or moved from an IM point of view.

We have investigated the issue as best we can and we believe that the best policy is to independantly write on\off the stock from a WM point of view without the corresponding IM movments.

Is this possible and if yes how? If it is not possible how would you recommend we rectify this situation?

Many Thanks,

Colm

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Colm

Hi

If you are saying that the stock was written off in IM using the 701 and 702 (In WM they would be 711 AND 712) Then there should be corresponding positives and negatives in WM (probably in 999) for these write offs

Also this would mean that the stock that was written on is not in the bins it was found in and the write offs are still showing in the bins from where they where lost

The way to 'fix' this is to find the negatives and the corresponding stock in the bins (this is the stock that was written OFF) and move the stock from the bin to the negative using LT10 or LT01 and the stock will cancel itself out and for the stock in 999 that should be in bins then the same thing applies in reverse, that is take the stock from 999 (the quantities need to be correct which may mean using LT01) and move them to the bins where they where found

This should fix the immediate issus and get the stocks where they belong

As you will be moving stock and not adjusting it the previous period issue is not applicable as IM is not affected

The major question is do the stocks in IM and WM balance and is it just a case of the stock being in 999 if as I suspect this is correct then the above will fix it as you are not increasing or decreasing the stock just moving it around the warehouse in to its correct location

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apologies Frechy,

I completely forgot to update this, moved onto the next problem!

In the end, we undid the erroneous movement by posting the corresponding movement. i.e. if they did an incorrect 701 movement we did a 702 movement and vice versa.

We then did the correct 711/712 movements correctly and this resolved the issue.

The business were ok as there was a corresponding write on write off entry in the period and now the differences have been cleared off.

Many thanks for all the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clear answer

I think for the difference between IM and WM the only way I can think of is the LX23 entering the Plant and Warehouse and selecting 'clear differences

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Colm

I am getting confused as if you make an adjustment in IM then there should be something happening in WM

If you have the TR creation switched off do you have the automatic TO creation switched on and if so are there any open TO's

If not then when the adjustments took place the stock must have been added or removed from somewhere

For example if i do a 201 movement type which is goods issue to a cost centre then in WM I have a negative in 911 and when I process the TO the stock is picked and moved to 911 in WM and the negative dissappears

In your movement types 701 and 702 what is the reference movemnt type in WM?

Then look to see where that movement type in WM takes stock from or outs stock and that is wherer the incorrect stocks should be and if they are negative you need to move some stock in to there and if they are positive you need to move the stock to the correct bin

Former Member
0 Kudos
I am getting confused

You and me both!!

I am as certain as I can be that after doing my 702 write off there were no TOs or TRs created and the WM stock is sitting in the exact same storage type in LS26 as it was before I wrote off the stock and there doesn't appeart to be any other negative stocks in LS26 corresponding to my write off.

I have discussed it further with the business and for the write-off issue, they are happy to write stock back on using a 701 movement and then write it off correctly using the 712 movements. e.g.

Current

WM 10

IM 0

701 Write On

WM 10

IM 10

712 Write Off

WM 0

IM 0

This will satisfy them for the write offs as from an IM point of view it will be a write on followed by a write off and from a WM point of view the stock will then leave correctly.

However, we can not do the same thing for our stock that was wrote on as it has already been moved on from an IM point of view so the orginal question is still there. Is there a way we can write on stock from a WM point-of-view without updating the IM stock.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Colm

Check LB10 to see if you have created a Transfer Requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I can see there is no transfer requirement after being created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Colm

If you had 701 and 702 movement types you wont see the corresponding 711 and 712 because as you said they did not do the WM movements However there should be something in WM as if the link between [lant - Storage Location - Warehouse was maintained at the time of the 701 and 702 movements then the system will have to make an entry in WM in terms od a Posting change or Transfer requirement

If you check LU04 for Posting change notices or LB10 for Transfer requirements(clicking on 'partially processed' you will see if there are any outstandind PCN's or TR's If there are you can create Transfer Orders from these and select the cortrect stock to move

This will coplete the process and should correct the stock

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frenchy,

This morning in our QAS system, I replicated the issue by doing a 702 movement of all 30 Bags of stock of material 1001786, plant 0010, storage location BRPR, batch 047PA01029.

I can now see that stock is completely gone from IM by looking at MMBE.

When I look in LS26, that stock is still showing up in its original 010 storage type.

When I look at LU04 there are no posting changes for my movement this morning.

However I can manually create a 711 movement in MB1A with the 702 movementu2019s material document as the requirement number and this transfers the stock into the 999 storage type. Does that take me a step closer to clearing the stock in WM?

I am conscious that we are talking about write-offs only here. I should bear in mind that this issue is with write-ons as well.

Many Thanks for the help,

Colm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frenchy\Ram,

Thanks for getting back to me.

If you are saying that the stock was written off in IM using the 701 and 702 (In WM they would be 711 AND 712) Then there should be corresponding positives and negatives in WM (probably in 999) for these write offs

I would have agreed with you before this but I have checked and there is no corresponding movement to the differences storage type (or any other).

there may be inconsistencies of stock at IM level. this can be eliminated by running LX23 with 'clear differences' option

While we donu2019t have the differences in WM when I run LX23 I do see the differences between IM and WM. I see thereu2019s an option to clear the differences but Iu2019m not sure what affect that would have and when I attempt to do it in QAS it has no apparent effect?

So in short, WM is incorrect but there are no stocks in the differences storage type and the u201Ccorrectu201D differences are showing in LX23 between WM and IM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hui

Whilst Ram is correct in ensuring your settings for Physical Inventory are correct this is for the future

You need to sort out the issues you have now by movinmg the stock to the correct place

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First ensure the Physical Inventory settings are done properly for the warehouse. Then do the physical inventory in warehouse, adjust the stock at WM level. at this point, there may be inconsistancies of stock at IM level. this can be eliminated by running LX23 with 'clear differences' option. this transaction will take the WM stocks as reference and clear the difference in IM stock. Let me know if this makes sense!

Thanks,

Ram