cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access the Universal Worklist (UWL) with a Web DynPro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

my boss requested me to create a Web DynPro to access the UWL on our SAP Portal in order to provide users some WorkItem search facilities. Can someone point me to some documentation that explains, possibly step-by-step, how to create a project to use the UWL (how to make a component, which dependencies are required, ...)?

Thank you,

Pietro

PS. I'm developing on SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio 7.1 SP03 PAT0005

Edited by: pietro.m on Sep 28, 2010 3:09 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pietro,

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/802bfda2-8a85-2b10-9290-d67da32d0....

Please check this document from SAP for doing the same.

Regards

Nizamudeen SM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unanswered question: closed due to inactivity

Former Member
0 Kudos

I succeeded in putting up a test application that accesses the UWL and gets the item list, and it seems to work.

But I have two problems:

The QueryResult "result" object holds 527 entries when I retrieve the task list with my credentials. But the ItemCollection that I get when I call result.getItems() holds only 100 elements. Why does this happens? Is it possible to get the full list?

(below the code I used to get the list)

IUWLSession uwlSession;
    	uwlSession = uwlService.beginSession(uwlContext, sessionIdleTimeout);
    	uwlContext.setSession(uwlSession);

IUWLItemManager itemManager = uwlService.getItemManager(uwlContext);
    	QueryResult result = itemManager.getItems(uwlContext, null, null);    	
    	ItemCollection items = result.getItems();

If I use my credentials, the QueryResult holds 527 items. If I use another credentials, that has the same roles and is member of the same groups as me, the QueryResult holds 0 (zero) items. What are the criteria on which the item list is fetched?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

a little update on the matter.

I've found out a way to solve the problem of the ItemCollection by creating a QueryProperties instance and by calling on it setMaxNumberOfItemsToFetch. In this way the getItems method of the QueryResult element retrieves (at maximum) the number of items that you pass to the setMaxNumberOfItemsToFetch method.

Currently I'm stuck with the problem that I cannot see other user's tasks. Is there a way to have some kind of "Administrator access" (the same one gets by accessing /nwa on the portal and then "Manage Processes" or "Manage Tasks") to allow the user to get the list of all tasks registered in the portal?

Thank you,

Pietro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can configure the Work items in the UWL to open in different envirinments like you can create a webdynpro application which will be launched on click on the specific work item type. This will depend on the UEL configuration.

Please refer to below links these might be helpful

http://help.sap.com/javadocs/NW04S/SPS09/uw/com/sap/netweaver/bc/uwl/doc-files/uwldtd.html#UWLConfig...

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/103e2cf0-ec95-2b10-d198-a2d5edfbd...

Regards,

Raju Bonagiri