cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes visible in BOM although ECM not released yet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a BOM which has been updated together with a change number. The change number still has status "in work" and not released.

When I go to CS03, with all dates removed on the selection screen, I see the changes in there with the change number. That is ok with me, because then I expect to also see future changes in the BOM.

But when I go into CS03, with today's date in both date fields on the selection screen, I expect to see the old version of the BOM which should still be valid until the ECM is released. Not the changes done by this specific ECM. CS03 shows the BOM with the changes already in, and I think that is not correct. Why should the changes show when the ECM is not released?

Is this behaviour SAP standard or could there be a mistake in the customizing of the ECM status?

Any hint is useful.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Though the status is set as "in work", the changes will be effected based on the valid from date maintained in change master CC01. You can practise putting a imaginary future date like 02.10.3333 on the valid from date in change master and when the change to be released change the valid from date as required.

You can also go through alternate date assignment in BOM.

Regards,

jyj9ja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lisbeth,

I think this is the standard SAP bebavior only.

Until the change is released, the BOM changes will not be considered for viz in MRP Explosion in production or costing etc.

But the changes can be seen in the BOM wrt the change number even though it is not released.

Regards

Prasad K