Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring of RFC connections in connected system

michael_gebauer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

our sap system monitoring is running in solman. Here I am able to monitor all RFC connections to other systems with method CCMS_RFCDest_Availability_Col. But now, I am searching for a solution, to monitor a rfc connection which is not implemented in solman but in an connected system.

Example:

Solman

System a

System b

RFC connection available in system a to system b, called "ab "

-> connection ab should be monitored in Solman

Any ideas?

Thanks

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Michael,

Did you tried adding other destinations in method CCMS_RFCDest_Availability_Col I have already setup and its working fine with us. You can use the same method for other RFC's too.

Regards

Shailesh Mamidwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

in solman system monitoring workcenter has the feature to check the connections between the managed systems, check the left panel there should be options for view

chk the below from here

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm70/helpdata/en/86/ee3e0a5bc644af852182e03d1a8042/content.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm70/helpdata/en/86/ee3e0a5bc644af852182e03d1a8042/content.htm]

Connectivity
You can check the status of the RFC connections in the following views:

From Solution Manager to managed systems

ABAP destinations

HTTP destinations in ABAP systems

TC/IP destinations

Between managed systems

ABAP destinations

TC/IP destinations

To check connections manually, choose Check Now, and specify whether to check selected or all connections.

You can check connections in a background job, and make other connection monitoring settings, in the Set-Up view of this work center, or via the hyperlink To Configuration.

You go to the overview of configuration settings for the RFC destination (transaction SM59), via a hyperlink in the RFC destination name.

check and update

jansi

michael_gebauer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info, that is working - I tried this already. But isn't it possible to add the rfc connection to rz20 (to add an alerting by mail as well)?

Thanks

Michael