Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order - Prevent user from creating more that one schedule line

former_member206632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is it possible to prevent users from adding lines (rows) in the schedule line tab of VA01/VA02 ? Our requirement is that one item will have one only schedule line, the quantity cannot be split into different dates.

Regards,

Joã

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check whether you can use the field Partial delivery per item with value C-only complete delivery allowed in the customer master ->Sales area data->Shipping tab field.

Also check in OVZJ, by checking fixed date and quantity for the sales area would help your scenario.

Regards,

former_member206632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

By using C - "only complete delivery allowed" in the customer master ->Sales area data->Shipping tab field, the system groups all the schedule lines of an item when creating the outbound delivery. However, it still allows users to create multiple schedule lines at the sales order item level (see Note 495651).

The OVZJ customizing is only taken into account when Availability check is ON, which is not our case.

Thank you,

Joã

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member206632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I solved my requirement through the use of user exit MV45AFZZ - USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBEP.

Regards,

Joã

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This can also be an issue with the users. If you put in configuration that does not allow multiple schedule lines per one line item (i.e. one line item with one material cannot have two different schedule line dates), the users may find a way to get the functionality they're doing now in a different way. For example, if you put in this change, users could probably go in and do two separate lines for one material (i.e. two line items, each one for the same material, each line has a different delivery date that could be different from header req delivery date, each line cannot have two different schedule line dates). If you put in configuration to stop that change, other issues can pop up and it can cause increased workload on the part of the users and also with IT configuration. Therefore, I would recommend working this out with the users to understand the business process and to follow guidelines that need to be followed. Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have done this using the exit USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBEP . The allowed users are maintained in a ZTABLE and only those users can add/remove the schedule lines.Whenever a User changes the Schedule lines, system will check the User ID and compares with the Table. IF the user id is available in the table, it will proceed otherwise will give a message as No Authorization.

Hope this gives an Idea to proceed.

Regards,

Ajit

former_member206632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, Andy

That is exactly what we want to do. If there are two (or more) schedule lines for one item, the users must enter two (or more) separate items, with each item having only one schedule line. I know this requirement may seem strange, but we have no choice, since the SAP implementation must integrate with a number of different systems.

What I really would like to know is: how can i prevent users from entering more than one line in the schedule line tab? Two of the answers to this post refer a user exit. Of course I would rather do this by customizing, but the user exit is always a possibility.

Regards,

Joã

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
the quantity cannot be split into different dates.

What will happen if stock is not made available for the date you maintain ?? Assuming that your requirement is when stock is available, it should not be splitted with different dates, you can try User exits in the program MV45AFZZ - USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBEP

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

There are 2 schedule lines with different dates for a single line item in a sales order because of forward scheduling done by the system

System does backward scheduling first and if it fails then it does forward scheduling and that is why you find 2 different schedule lines

In configuration you can restrict the system to do only backward scheduling and stop after that

I am not infront of SAP now to tell you exactly where is the configuration available

I think it is Logistics execution--delivery scheduling

But This config is definately available in standard system to avoid 2 or more schedule lines for a single line item in a sales order

But i am not able to understand what is the business logic for such a requirement because i feel it will create a lot of problems

with this requirement

Regards

Raja

former_member206632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Would you please check where that configuration might be available? I looked for it in the LE tree, and I wasn't able to find it.

Regards,

Joã