cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

display message while request is processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have two views V1 and V2. When I want to move from V1 to V2, there is a submit button which should be clicked which invokes the function model and on successful processing my control shifts from v1 to v2. While the execution of function module takes place is it possible to display a message on v1 saying please wait while your request is being processed. I placed this msg in v1 on the click event of the submit button before call to the function module but the msg is not displaying in v1 its getting displayed in v2. Kindly provide some inputs if this functionality is possible.

Thank you

Regards,

Preet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preet,

See in general how much time it takes to execute the FM. Now after noting the time insert a timer and set the time to that time you have noted and then within that time show the message and after the time out of the timer out and then fire the Outbound plug to the other view.

Regards,

Raju Bonagiri

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Preet,

Please try to call the message based on the condition RFC data(context node data) from controller in V1 before calling outbound plug for V2 in the submit buttonm action.

Refer to this thrad might help on your requirement : /message/4822529#4822529 [original link is broken]

Hope it will helps

Regards

Arun Jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun

Tried putting it before the plug is called. It displays after the plug is triggered. And if I go for customization then I beleive it will be same for all processing which I dont req I only need on one button click and all other places the standard wait image is required.

Thank you

Regards,

Preet Kaur