Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MT 940 format for EBS

former_member481693
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could any one share MT 940 format sample for doing Electronic bank statement, I have done Electronic bank reco configuration and format is not available,

How is MT 940 format looks like?

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards,

Ratnam.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Usually there is only one statement per bank account for each day, but you may have several statements (with different statement numbers) for the same account ans the same date, it is not a problem. You may have several statements in the same file (with different banks, different dates, different accounts...).

I think that the sequence in the file has no importance: the program sort the statements internaly (at least in Musticash format; I'm not sure for MT940). In Multicash format, I had a small problem: when a file contains statements 99 and 100, the program sorts them alphabetically (100 before 99) and there is a warning saying 'statement 100 without 99'; but it's only a warning and the results are OK. I don't know if there is the same problem with MT940 (I switched recently from Multicash to MT940).

former_member481693
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Henri,

When I upload statement in to system it is not getting uploaded in the system after warning message, I ignored warning message and entered, statement summary and statement is appearing but when I see in FF67 statement over view, no data contains list

Thanks in advance! for your promptly reply

Thanks,

Ratnam

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member481693
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply. I can able to do EBS now.

former_member194797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you are right for FF67.

I don't know why you don't see anything. Please check in table FEBKO with FEBKO-EDATE = upload date.

former_member481693
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Henri,

Thanks for reply, I have uploaded MT940 file successfully and it is appearing in FF67 and FEBA also. Because the file which I got from bank is wrong file one record was missed.

For automatic reconciliation I mapped Assignment field in the algorithm but in MT940 file assignment field is coming test instead of cheque number

How can we get required field ?

Thanks

Ratnam

former_member194797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

FF67 is for manual statements. Please see with transaction FEBA or FEBAN for electronic bank statements.

former_member481693
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried to see in FEBA and FEAN, nothing is displaying below message is like

"You have selected either no or several items.

To select, double-click on an item

at the top (list) or on the left (tree display)

of the screen."

I think we can able to see uploaded statements either manual or Electronic statements in FF67.

Because I have created one file with 2 entries debit and credit and uploaded in FF_5, it got uploaded and I have seen in FF67 also. But when I am uploading file which I got form bank it is not coming in FF67.

Thanks,

Ratnam

former_member194797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I already sent this error to SAP, but the answer was I had to suppress the message. When you receive the first statement of the year (statement 1), you receive a message saying that statement 0 is missing. Obviously there is no statement 0. If you suppress the message, you will have no warning when there is a missing statement during the year (for exemple when receiving statement 54 without receiving statement 53). So suppressing warning messages is not a good solution for me. I suggested to SAP to add a test in the program for not issuing the message at statement 1, but they refused.

former_member481693
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Henri,

Thanks for reply!

I am getting warning message "Account ICIC0000081 008909017081 INR: Statement 201000000 is not in the bank data

storage"

then I click information button above message is showing,

Can we upload number of statements at a time in the single statement? or different statements need to upload?

How many statements can we upload for day?

Thanks,

Ratnam

ravichandran_iyer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can upload multiple statements in a single file. However, if they are of the same date, all except the last one should be marked as intermediate statements (The closing & opening balance indicators for intermediate statements). Unless you get the statements in that form, SAP will not allow multiple statements for the same account in the same file.

Did you download the specifications of MT940 from the swift website? If you go through that file, you'll understand the format and a sample is also available there. In MT940, normally the header and line items are in the same file. If you received both separately, then the format might be of Multicash.

Ravi.

former_member194797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Multicash format works with 2 files (auszug = header and umsatz = items).

MT940 works with a single file.

former_member481693
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Now I am able to upload MT940 fomat statement file in the system, but Warning message is appearing while uploading like

u201CAccount ICIC0000081 00510907081 INR: Statement 201000000 is not in the bank data storage

Message no. FB770

Diagnosis

The previous account statement has not been imported.

System Response

The system permits the import regardless.

Procedure

You can deactivate the message for the formats Multicash and MT940:

Effects on Customizing

You can define when this system message is to be issued in accordance with your requirements.

You do this in Customizing as follows: Cross-Application Components -> Bank Directory -> Change Message Control.

The application area and message number can be taken from the technical documentation.u201D

Please suggest how to define message in system.

Thanks,

Ratnam

former_member481693
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have received file from bank in MT 940 format, the file is in Excel format, do we need to convert into text format before going to upload in T-code: FF_5?

Can any one explain how to proceed with uploading and process for electronic bank statement.

Thanks,

Ratnam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ratnam,

I am not sure whether Excel file can be uploaded but better you can go with notepad file for uploading. And if you really want to test whether your configurations are correctly placed. YOu can do so by using program RFEBKATX it will create open items and simulataneously multi cash file format is available for you to test the same.

Do not worry even if it is a multi cash format it helps you in finding whether your configuration is correct or not.

Coming to upload of MT940 format. Go to FF_5 select import data button and give file format as S if it structured file otherwise I if it is unstructure. Then upload the file in the field statement file.

IN the posting parameters you can select either post immediately or do not post. Also give the algorithms for identifying the open items.

If you are not posting directly. Then once after upload you need to goto FEBAN transaction for doing the postings.

Regards

Srikanth

ravichandran_iyer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MT940 will normally be a text file with specialized indicators for each line and value. Try searching the internet and you'll get the format specifications. You can also get the specifications from the SWIFT website.

As told above, you'd use FF.5 or FF_5 to upload the statement where you'll select the indicator to identify your format (I or S). You'd use FEBA to post if you have not selected posting in FF_5 and later use F.13 to clear the Bank entries.

Ravi.

former_member481693
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply!

I have receive two files from bank one is header file and having Bank account number, ID and opening balance and closing balance. Another one is having line item details (statement file),

When I entered T-code: FF_5 and selected Statement file and line item file for upload.

Selected Import data check box

Elect. bank Statement format : S SWIT MT940 with field 86 structured

Statement file: -

Line Item file: -

(If select both files, error message is triggering like "Line item file field can only be used with MultiCash format")

Please let me know which file need to be upload here because one is having 6 lines data like header data details and another is having entire transactions statement.

IF select only Statement file: Error message like u201CTermination in statement no. 00256 of ac 006106027099; closing record 62F missingu201D papering

Work station upload check box

Generate Batch input radio button

Assign value date check box and the output control check boxes selected are below

Print Bank statement,

Print posting log,

Print statistics

Separate list then executed.

Thanks,

Ratnam.