cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Behaviour between Developmentsystem and Productionsystem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you can help me. I have developed a functionality in my webdynpro-application. It works fine on my developmentsystem. But after I have transport it to the productionsystem, the application has a curious behaviour with this functionality. First, it's better to describe it. There is a table, you can click on a button, there is a popup where you can search people, in this popup you click "accept" and the person will be added to the table. So you see the person in the table and you get a short message. In the development system it works without any problems. But after the transport there are a problem. You must reload the page to see the person in the table, and there is no message.

Do you have an idea, which problems are possible during the transport?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Make sure that the deployment has gone fine to Production - do a 'Force built' and deploy. It should not behave differently in DEV & PRD. Or in a worse case, you can un-deploy the component from Production and deploy it again.

Hope you have checked the Production is connected to the proper back-end in case of different values are coming.

Regards,

Nikhil Bose

former_member185879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. What is the SP Level of Dev and Production?

2. Undeploy the EAR and deploy the new EAR once.

3. if the above not work then try restarting your WebAS once and check whether it is working or not.

Regards

Nizamudeen SM

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are no errors occured at the transport-process. And there are no errors shown in the productionsystem. The workflow works fine but different to the developmentsystem. So the person will be added to the table, but you can see it not until a refresh of the page. And the Successmessage won't be displayed. There is no errormessage or something else, there is just nothing. So after the transport, there is no auto-refresh and no message.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

so we can say that while there seems to be no problem in the transport itself, apparently you got some run-time problem right?

The same application behaves differently in runtim on dev, like in runtime on prod.

I'd vote for patching your Webdynpro runtime to the very latest patch level of your SP.

Take the fix accordingly depending on your release and SP:

for >= 7.1 use this one #1395865 - How-To Download Web Dynpro SCAs (http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1395865)

for lower releases this one: #1395627 - Import a patch for WebDynproRuntime Java (http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1395627)

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Can you pls tell me what exactly error/dumps is coming.

And one more things - is ur transport is transported properly I mean what ever u have done in DEV that should be available in PROD system.If not then check

http://<CBS_host>:<port>/TCS/Deployer to force the deployment and check for the error log.

Thanks

Keshari