cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery if accessories item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My business scenario is that we produce transformer whose unit of measure is EA.In that we have consumed certain material like x and Y. Now this X and Y component is nothing but the accessories which is used for testing of transformer before dispatch.Now after testing we remove this accessories .Now we have to prepare 2 delivery challan in legacy system since transformer and its accessories will be delivered on separate transport.There is a 2 week gap in between deliveries of transformer and accessories.

Now my problem is that since sales order is off Transformer only i.e.line item 1 so we can make delivery of main transformer.

Now how to make delivery challan of accessories item.I cannot add this item as a sales order line item because this item is already consume to produce main item i.e. transformer.If ia dd this accessories item as a line item in sales order i.e. X and Y then this item will get consume two items ,which should not be happen how to handle this scenario.

thanx.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may explore how returnable items i.e. packaging are being handled. Sounds like the accessories also need to be tracked as inventory that is issued out but eventually returned.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do you mean by consume? In SAP, it means the product is consumed for the production of some other product.

In this case, in order to make a transformer, you need 2 accessories. In this case, you have to create a production BOM for transformer and include these accessories in the BOM. If other configurations are also correct, while calculating the cost of transformer, the cost of the accessories also will be taken care of. When you are selling, you are anyway selling only the transformer and not the accessory.

If you have to include these two accessories while selling transformer, then you have to include these 2 items as Sales BOM and not as production BOM. In this case, the line item transformer will have the two accessories as sub items. In this case, you can decide whether to deliver all at once or at different points of time. This is possible in SAP using delivery groups.