cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM - Unable to generate message from BPM in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am using a test scenario using BPM which has only two steps Receive and Send step. The scenario flow looks like File-> BPM-> ECC. File posted from the external file system is picked up by PI processed successfully and sent to teh Integartion Process.

However the later part i.e BPM is supposed to receive this processed message (MATMAS) and send it to ECC. There is no PI message generated for BPM -> ECC part.

I have ticked the Start Process flag in Receive step. Am i missing something else?

Kindly advice.

Thanks and Regards,

Elizabeth.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I enforced the Header Mapping parameter in Receiver Agrreement with the actual File Sender s/m (instead of the BPM) and could get the messages successfully posted in ECC!!!

However I am now stuck with another issue, I need to trigger an RFC FM in ECC from the Send step in BPM and receive the resulting RFC output in receive step of BPM.

Can any of you advice on how to achieve it?

Thanks in advance,

Elizabeth.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why have a separate Receive step? Since it is RFC can you not make a SYNC call and get the details in the BPM.

If not possible then have a AsyncSend and AsyncReceive Step insode your BPM and make use of corelation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I am using an Async send and Async receive step along with co-relations according to this blog http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/12249. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

I am confused with the ID part though; will i require to develop the configuration objects or sender agreement/rx agreement between this Async step and Sync step.

If I am not worong, RFC receiver Commn channel and agreement will be needed to trigger this RFC FM.

Kindly advice.

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

u need to use a transforamtion step betn your receive and send step where u have to put a mapping between file and idoc structures

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

On testing teh configuartion in ID my scenario works fine and all steps are tested successfully, wheras when i try manually triggering the message from RWB, message fails in Pi with the following error:

<!-- Call Adapter

-->

- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="">

<SAP:Category>XIAdapter</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="IDOC_ADAPTER">ATTRIBUTE_INV_SND_SERV</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>BPMTriggerAcknowledgement</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:Stack>Unable to convert the sender service BPMTriggerAcknowledgement to an ALE logical system</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

I have already tried following this thread

Is there anything else to be taken care of?

~Elizabeth.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Unable to convert the sender service BPMTriggerAcknowledgement to an ALE logical system

this is due to some missing parameters...check this blog for more info: /people/rajeshkumar.pasupula/blog/2009/03/16/unable-to-convert-the-sender-service-to-an-ale-logical-system

Mapping is not required in your BPM....I assume that the message coming into the BPM is the same as it is going into the ECC....you seem to be using an IDOC...did you try to run the scenario end-to-end?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishekh,

I could now trigger a message in PI for the BPM part - the error was in the Message mapping.

Regarding the blog you suggested - In my case the sender service is the BPM process itself rather than any business sytem.

So how can i assign a logical system or retreive any adapter specific parameters from SLD?

Kindly advice.

Thanks,

Elizabeth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I still am facing the same error "Unable to convert the sender service BPMTriggerAcknowledgement to an ALE logical system".

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure whether this is correct or not, but I guess you need to define the Logical system manually in Integration directory in the adapter specific message attributes for the BPM.

Check the below blog:

/people/rajeshkumar.pasupula/blog/2009/03/16/unable-to-convert-the-sender-service-to-an-ale-logical-system

-Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In your receiver idoc adapter choose take sender and receiver from payload and populate the EDI_DC40 segment in the idoc yourself. That should solve the problem.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The parameters/ details would now be of the SAP PI system....same error was solved recently in this thread:

(the person has mentioned how the error was solved)

Regards,

Abhishek.