Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the output type of MI21 transaction ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Whenever I am executing the MI21N transaction, its default output type is SAP Script.I want to get this output as a SMARTFORM. How can I do that ? Kindly advise on the same.

Regards,

Ankur Mishra

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Goto tocde - NACE,

Select your correct application & push button "OUTPUT TYPES".

Now select your OUTPUT Type & double click on "Processing Routine".

Here you can see the value of output form, change it according to your requirement OR create new Output type for new Form

& attach the same in your Tcode.

Also take the help from Function Consultant for changing this value.

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to develop the smartform & do the appropriate changes in driver program. Assign the Smartform in Output determination (Transaction code NACE).

Regards

Vinod

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Goto tocde - NACE,

Select your correct application & push button "OUTPUT TYPES".

Now select your OUTPUT Type & double click on "Processing Routine".

Here you can see the value of output form, change it according to your requirement OR create new Output type for new Form

& attach the same in your Tcode.

Also take the help from Function Consultant for changing this value.

0 Kudos

Hey Vinod Thanx.

Hey Sandeep,

How do I figure out which output type I am supposed to select? The transaction doesnt give any information about it at all.I even tried with the program linked to MI21 i.e. RM07IDRU. But I could not find it. Can you explain a little bit ?

Regards,

Ankur

0 Kudos

Functional Consultant of your module, can explain it completely.

Take help of Function consultant.

0 Kudos

Hi,

It is in the SPRO config.

In Transaction OMBU, you give the program name & the associated form name.

Hope it helps.

Sujay

0 Kudos

I don't think you can change it to smart form. Printing parameters of this report (RM07IDRU) is maintained in view V_159N. You can see the settings through SM30. In this view, only option to mention the print output type is SAPSCRIPT form. ( I am currently on ECC 5 and don't know any enhancement to this option is available in ECC 6)

Regards

Vinod

Abhijit74
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

OMBU is the transaction with which you can assign your new form. Double click on RM07IDRU to assign you new form but here you can assign SAP script only.

RM07IDRU is the print program for sap script INVENT. I think you can't assign smartform in OMBU

Physical inventory doc does not required any output type, I guess. .

Thanks,

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii ,

So it seems there is no way I can get it converted to SMARTFORMS .Rite ???

@Abhijeet: I tried to double click on program name in OMBU ,but it just gives me the already attached SAP script, does not give me an option of changing the form .Does it ?

Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Against form name,Click on F4 help button . You will get list of sapscripts which can be attached.

Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Vinod..I'll get back to u pretty sooon.

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure about ECC5. But in ECC6 you can use /SMB40/M07DR as driver program and assign your custom smartform.