cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSDB migration keys and R3SETUP to support Oracle 10g

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Currently there is no OSDB mig key builder to support Oracle 10g (on any platform). I left a message to OSS but I am wondering if anybody in here has any knowledge about availability of this.

Also,

Current R3SETUP for DBMIG.R3S only supports upto Oracle 9i. Is there another delay for this to support Oracle 10g?

The problem is not that hard to fool R3S files to load any DB export to import, it is the migration key to me that will later cause problems to load R3load.

I am interested to see some feedbacks on implementing Oracle 10.2 on Linux X86-64 bit-AMD/EM (Redhat or SUSE)

My last DBMIG was export of 8.0.6 (too old, i know)to import of 9.2 using new R3SETUP tools on x8664 bit, however, this end up being a 32bit result and not 64bit (as promised in a note modification by SAP).

I hope I could find similar interest in here to connect to some more people in this area.

My best planed case was : export of Oracle 8.0.6 (hpux 11.0) -- Import of Oracle 10.2 x8664bit with 7.0 Kernel or 46D_EXT kernel that already supports 10.2 .

The above will save us a lot of time to migrate to new platform. Note, SAP should support 46D_EXT for Oracle 10 by end of June, am I the only person in this world that can not wait for this!

Cheers,

Mehrzad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am doing Migration from SUNIX os Oracle 7 to Aix 5.3 and Oracle 91. My R3SETUP terminates on R3load process for SAPAPPL01.STR with the error log Table BKPF unable to access last block of the table. I had found the reason for the problem the reason was I had not mounted the file system /oracle/F01/sapdata14 and sapdata11 which holds the respective data files for this Tablespace.

I have adaded this file system and also mounted but my R3SETUP is still not able to access the desire location. Do I need to adopt the DBMIG.R3S files for getting the R3SETUP knows the newly added sapdata file systems..?

Thanks and regards,

Bhushan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mehrzad,

Since you don't have migration key for your path, that means it is not supported by SAP. And that is maybe because it is not doable.

How did you think you could migrate Oracle 8 export to Oracle 10? They are different dictionary levels.

I would say you need to reconsider your migration path and get more experienced migration consultant who could help you.

Cheers,

Savo