Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager 7 EHP1 - Implimentation Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am new to Solution Manager.

I have install Solution Manager 7 EHP1 (ABAP+JAVA) on windows 2003 and applied later SP stack 24 available at Market place.

We have SAP ECC 6, ABAP stack (we have not install JAVA stack for DEV/QAS or PRD Servers).

On ECC 6 out landscap is DEV->QAS->PRD.

Now after installing Solution Manager 7 EHP1, I have done automatic configuration using SOLMAN_SETUP i.e. upto BASIC CONFIGURATION successfully.

Initially I want to use solution manager for

1. Support Patch Approval

2. SAP Note download

3.Service Desk

Now where and what I need to configure my DEV/QAS/PRD system to use above solution

Thanks in advance,

Nirav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you add your ECC landscape DEV/QAS/PRD in solution manager smsy?if not that would be first step to proceed.

1: Support patch approval check these links,you need to configure these in Solman system

https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000086852008E.sim

www.alphasirius.com/Configuring_Using_MaintenanceOptimizer.ppt

/people/issacnolis.ohasi/blog/2008/01/04/upgrade-sessions-whats-sap-solution-manager-maitenance-optimizer

2. SAP Note download

These setting can be done in individual system by configuring OSS connection to SAP

3:3.Service Desk

/people/bruyneel.guillaume/blog/2008/05/02/service-desk-implementation-guide-part-i

/people/bruyneel.guillaume/blog/2008/06/13/service-desk-implementation-guide-part-ii

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks SH and Uday.

I will go through the link provided in thered.

After that is it required to follow steps as per SOLMAN_SETUP. Because upto BASIC CONFIGURATION, I have done but I have confusion about 3rd step "Manual Configuration -> Install dignostic agent" in "Managed System Configuration".

Thanking you ones again,

Nirav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now I am able to download software through Solution Manager.

I have also added QAS system in SMSY. RFCs are also created successfully. But in Maintanance Optimizer only SM2 System disply, QAS does not display.

Regards,

Nirav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you already created the RFC's from the SMSY to the QAS system? Have you included QAS in the Solution systems?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I have created the RFC's from the SMSY to the QAS system and connection testing is also sucess.

Have you included QAS in the Solution systems? - Yes I have included QAS in Solution Manager. In SMSY, QAS's all the clients, patch level infomration is also updated successfuly.

Thanks and Regards,

Nirav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For support packs downloading, you would need the functionality of maintenance optimizer, please kindly proceed to

service.sap.com/mopz

For service desk and other topics, please also take a look at our online help

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm70ehp1_sp23/helpdata/en/45/51fbdbd4941803e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

-> incident management -> service desk.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

SH