cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM - BPE_ADAPTER : Unknown message Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am developing a simple BPM scenario with just one receive and one send step. I have configured bothl the BPM steps along with the container elements and verified the objects in IR and ID. In SXI_CACHE the status of teh Integartion Process is '0' which is the correct. I tried reactivationg and redeploying the process several times too, yet message in PI faile with the below error description:

<!-- Call Adapter

-->

- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="1">

<SAP:Category>XIAdapter</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="BPE_ADAPTER">UNKNOWN_MESSAGE</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1 />

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:Stack>No object type found for the message. Check that the corresponding process is activated An exception has occurred.</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

Can anybody advice please?

Thanks in advance,

Elizabeth.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elizabeth,

Check in the BPM whether you have used the containers with proper abstract interfaces.

If required, you can go for syntax check in BPM in IR., go to Integration Process ---> Check.

Also, check in Integartion directory, if all the steps including BPM are configured properly.

-Supriya.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

PhilipKoch
Explorer
0 Kudos

I had exactly the same error.  I would just like share with the forum what I did to solve my problem.

The only thing missing was the config for the interface determination for the receive step in the BPM.  I had configured the sender agreement and the receiver determination but I forgot the interface determination.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Resolved the issue!! Did nt try deletion of the ID objects. Performed a full Cache refresh on PI and also rectified a mapping issue in IR. Now the messages are getting posted successfully.

PS: This was a BPM scenario developed just for testing purpose.

Thanks,

Elizabeth..

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
In SXI_CACHE the status of teh Integartion Process is '0' which is the correct. I tried reactivationg and redeploying the 
process several times too, yet message in PI faile with the below error description:

In that case, delete the ID part for this scenario and redo the objects....from importing the IP into ID.

If still not working then the BPM itself has to be recreated.

If all the messages are properly configured in the BPM and still it is giving the error then it is a CACHE issue.

I hope the BPM is just for practice purpose and not related to any project...as the design does not require to have a BPM

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elizabeth

Please read this post if it is helpful,

Regards,

Srinivas