cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect SQL Server through DBCO - DBCONNECT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am trying to connect to one of the SQL Server in my Domain. I have made entries as mentioned by SAP note in DBCO Transaction. When I am testing connection through program 'ADBC_TEST_CONNECTION' it is showing me following error:

Testing a Database Connection Defined in DBCON

Could not open connection SQLCONNECTION

sql error 1- occured:

I have already installed DBMSSSLIB.DLL in executable directory also.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Usman Malik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have had the same problem in the past....

If you have a multi server environment I.E. CI/DB Apps wherever you put the LIB library you must be on that sever when executing the test program..

Hope that helps.

Mark

Answers (11)

Answers (11)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dude!

Checking the dbsl_w<NN> as it is explained in point 3 of the 'Troubleshooting' section of [SAP note 738371|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/738371] would help a lot to know the reason of the failure.

I hope this helps you!

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Mark,

We have raised ticket with SAP too. Right now they want access to SQL and SAP Server. Let's see what solution they are going to give. Will keep you posted if they are done.

Otherwise we would have to use Java or .Net with their respective connectors from SAP Market place to accomplish this task.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Usman Malik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Yes i tried with ODBC. ODBC shows that the connection is fine. I tried to use OLEDB and it was not working with SQL Server. Then for the test i made MSAccess Database, made its ODBC connection and tried with the same OLEDB code and it was working fine.

I think there is an issue between this SAP and SQL Server 2008. SAP is not able to communicate to SQL Server 2008 with DBConnect or ODBC. DLL and PDB Files are placed in run directory of SAP in the Server as mentioned but still no use.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Usman Malk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you created a OSS message with SAP to see what they think ?

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its not Unix.

My SAP Server is Windows 2008 64bit and SQL Server is Windows 2008 R2 64bit.

Thanks,

Usman Malik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try creating an ODBC for you external system ? as per my previous answer.

Mark

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DB Connection WHATEVER_NAME_YOU_WANT

DBMS MSS

User Name DB_USERNAME

DB password password_is_life /

Conn. info MSSQL_SERVER=MY_SERVER_NAME SQL_DBNAME=SQL_SERVER_DB_NAME

former_member189546
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are you trying to connect from unix ci to Microsoft sql?

What you propose is not supported as the unix server will not be able to

read the Microsoft shared libraries.

regards,

John Feely

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned I have put these files i.e. DBMSSSLIB.DLL and DBMSSSLIB.PDB (64bit) in the following directories and restarted the server:

X:\usr\sap\SID\D*\exe

X:\usr\sap\SID\sys\exe\run

X:\usr\sap\SID\sys\exe\ (i386 or ntamd64) \ (nuc or uc)

tried again but still it is showing the same error when i execute ADBC_TEST_CONNECTION program in SE38:

-

Testing a Database Connection Defined in DBCON

Could not open connection ABC

sql error 1- occured:

-

SQL Server is Standard Edition and OS is Windows 2008 R2 64bit. Our SAP Server is also Windows 2008 64bit.

Please advice what to do now because I have done entries in DBCO Transaction correctly as mentioned by the note 178949 i.e.

CON_NAME: <my_conn_name>

DBMS: MSS

USER_NAME: <db_user>

PASSWORD: <password>

CON_ENV: MSSQL_SERVER=<server_name> MSSQL_DBNAME=<db_name>

I am using SQL Server Administrator Username/Password to connect to this Server.

Thanks,

Usman Malik

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your SAP server is running on Windows?

put DBMSSSLIB.DLL in these directories:

X:\usr\sap\SID\D*\exe

X:\usr\sap\SID\sys\exe\run

X:\usr\sap\SID\sys\exe\ (i386 or ntamd64) \ (nuc or uc)

then, try again,.

Edited by: Eric Brunelle on Sep 29, 2010 11:14 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would assume the pdb file was part of the lib bundle I got off OSS.

Now I have one of my ERP6 systems that runs Oracle but I am connecting to an open source DB based through MSS

As you mentioned you have the libs loaded in the exe/run directory.

To connect to the MSS system I have had to create an system DNS ODBC on the source system.

In my case I run an Hetrogeneous system environment UNIX CI/DB IBM window blades, so I created the ODBC on the app server.

Now my DBCO connection string is MSSQL_DATASOURCE=<Name of ODBC>

The test program then worked. Also there will be som good trace files out of it for analysis run report RSRFCTRC

Hope this helps some way

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Connection String in DBCON is

MSSQL_SERVER=tcp:<ServerIPAddress> MSSQL_DBNAME=<DataBaseName>

I have put the DLL file in EXE folder as mentioned in Note 178949. I dont know this DBMSSSLIB.PDB file. It is not mentioned in the note.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Usman Malik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not a Multi Server Environment and I have put this DBMSSSLIB.DLL in the Application Server from where I am connecting. I have check connection to SQL Server through other programs and they are working fine but from SAP it is not working. Connection right now cannot be made through SAP and I am getting the same error as mentioned in the first post.

Please Advice.

Thanks,

Usman Malik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am assuming you have placed the LIB in the exe directory ?

dbmsslib.dll

dbmsslib.pdb

What are you coonect strings in DBCO ??

Have you read Note: 738371

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please be a little more specific. What entries have you made? What note do you refer to?

Thanks,

Sven