cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPM Extractor kit 2.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I would like to check with you guys in this below post if anyone has this similar experience.

Thanks,

Vikas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No further Activity, assuming this question has been answered with the aid of the many replies posted.

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

In terms of what fields are in the data model vs. what fields are provided by the extractors, they certainly do not match. Below are few reason:

1. Some fields are calculated once data is being loaded into the SPM data model.

Example: Transaction currency measures to Global currency measures. Similarly for quantity measures.

2. Some fields may not be available in the source and may come from a different source. But if your source system maintains them you can specify the source and populate them by enhancing the extractor.

Example: Cleansed Category (or just Category). Typically the source system category is different from cleansed category, similarly Source System Supplier and Supplier and few other master data objects.

3. Few fields are determined when data loading data into SPM on the BI side.

Example: Upload ID - which is a unique ID assigned for every data load. Source system (not to be confused with the physical source of your data) - is a fields that logically identifies / separates source system dependent master / transaction data.

4. Few other fields are concatenation of multiple fields, which is also generated when loading data into the SPM data model.

Example: Document number + Item number + Source System to create a unique ID.

I think there might be a few more that I forgot, but you get the general idea. Hopefully this answers your questions.

Regards,

Rohit