cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock On Hand value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP GURUs,

Can someone direct me where can I find the value of the intial "Stock on Hand" keyfigure in SNP interactive planning book? I checked on the macro function and its equal to INITIAL_STOCK( ACT_VERSION ; ACT_PRODUCT ; ACT_LOCATION ).

Now my question is that, whats the meaning of INITIAL_STOCK( ACT_VERSION ; ACT_PRODUCT ; ACT_LOCATION ). Because what I know is that, the actual available ATD stocks on the product master should be equal of the initial SOH.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In the standard planning book you will find the value of initial stock + total receipts - total demand in the initial bucket . This value will be displayed in the stock on hand (projected) key figure. Please note that in the standard planning book the absolute value of initial stock will not be displayed in the initial bucket . As i mentioned earlier it the initial stock +receipts - demand.

The initial stock can be calculated as follows. The system considers the stock category group in the location master. The sum of stock against all categories assigned to the stock category group in loc master is the initial stock on hand . If no category group is assigned in location master then the default category group ST1 is considered.

The easiest way to verify the calculation is to go to product view (/n/sapapo/rrp3) . Get the value of all stocks displayed in product view for the material - loc combination. Check what all categories are relevant for your calculation ( based on stock category group - logic mentioned above) and add them . This is your initial stock . If you add total receipts to this and subtract total demand then the result you get will be the same as the value you see against stock on hand (projected) keyfigure in the intial bucket in planning book

Thanks

Aparna

Edited by: Aparna.Ranganathan on Oct 26, 2010 9:31 PM

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I was going through some existing posts on the forum for "stock on hand".

I am on the BI side and trying to understand how can I extract the data in BI for "actual stock on hand".

Is there any table or extractor in APO where this data is stored for extraction?

I need to extract the closing stock information for yesterday.

Thanks!

tanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to all the above valuable information's, the actual physical stock can be directly viewed in SNP planing book by right clicking on 'Stock on hand (projected)' key-figure and select display stock. Here, you can see the physical stock; categorywise. You need to be at disaggregated level or location product level to view the actual stock.

Cheers!

Raghav

Edited by: Raghav_Udupa on Oct 15, 2010 4:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you can also use the function PHYS_STOCK_LOCPRODS() to view the "Stock on Hand". You can include all those stock order categories which you are using as ''usable'' stock. This function is generally used to check the stock at single/multiple product location level.

INITIAL_STOCK also displays the stock based on the category group maintained in SNP tab in the location master.

So basically it all boils down to what is the category group that has been assigned to any of the macros.

Rgds, Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As mentioned above the initial stock planning in the planning book might be different than on hand stock in ECC system, as our standard stock balance macro for the intial bucket also contains the initial demand and supply elements.

You can use T-code /SAPAPO/RRP4 - Receipts View to extract all the receipts information at plant level. You can execute the transaction than you can filter the category stock which will give all the stock elements at each locations.

Thanks

Amol