cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPNego Configuration with SPNEGO Add-on

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm trying to configure SPNego for a new client, I have done it multiple times with good results, but this time the client is running Domain Controllers over Windows 2008 and Clients over Citrix (Windows Server 2008 and IE8 too) and Windows 7.

I already downloaded the SPNEGO Add-on from note 1457499 and tried to follow the instructions but I still have some doubts. I had tried to configure the old way (old SPNEGO wizard) and of course it failed (due to the "DES encryption" deprecated by microsoft).

Modified the user to remove the "Use DES encryption" option and then tried to configure the new module (after deploying suscessfully). My questions are:

- Reading the new documentation, it does not say anything about the "krb5principalname; kpnprefix; dn" attributes, I have them on the ume.admin.addattrs parameter on the UME configuration on config tool. should I remove those?

- I created the keytab file with kdt on the jdk (1.6), but when I went to place the file on /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/kerberos there is also a sub-folder with a krb5.conf file, should I delete this file? remember the old keytab was using DES encryption so I needed to create a new one for RC4.

- I'm configuring with Microsoft AD anybody knows what is the default mapping mode?

I really appreciate the effort from SAP to update the SPNEGO login module but it is obvious that there is lack of documentation about it.

Right now I'm getting "Login module com.sap.security.spnego.SPNEGOLoginModule from authentication stack ticket does not authenticate the caller." and on the summary of the "ticket" component, it gives me:

com.sap.security.spnego.SPNEGOLoginModule OPTIONAL ok exception true "Trigger SPNEGO authentication"

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182254
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

- Reading the new documentation, it does not say anything about the "krb5principalname; kpnprefix; dn" attributes, I have them on the ume.admin.addattrs parameter on the UME configuration on config tool. should I remove those?

No need to remove them. You can keep them especially if you intend to use them for user mapping with the new login module too.

- I created the keytab file with kdt on the jdk (1.6), but when I went to place the file on /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/kerberos there is also a sub-folder with a krb5.conf file, should I delete this file? remember the old keytab was using DES encryption so I needed to create a new one for RC4.

The new login module does not use anything from the file system. The whole configuration is stored centrally in the database. This means that the directory/files structure could be deleted if you do not want to switch back to the old login module.

- I'm configuring with Microsoft AD anybody knows what is the default mapping mode?

The default one is "Mapping mode: principal and REALM" with "Source: ADS Data Source". If you configure a single realm and the "samaccountname" from ADS is used as logon id in UME then you can use also "Mapping mode: principal only" with "Source: logon id".

All mapping modes are described in a PDF document included in the add-on archives from note 1457499.

Regarding the error you get please provide more details and traces.

Regards,

Dimitar

jorge_velasquez
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

I´m configuring SPNEGO ADDON, what do I have to put in REALM when I add it?

The hostname of the domain controller or the domain?

My data source is ABAP.

Principal@REALM?

Regards