cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FI Closing-balance carryforward

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

We are in the proces of year end closing. Our fiscal year ends in September.

I would like to know if we can make postings in the new fiscal year without doing the balance carryforward. Can the balance carryforward (AP, AR, GL) be done in October (Period 1 - new fiscal year).

Will the above apply to Asset accounting also, i.e, can we make postings in the new fiscal year to assets before we do the balalnce carry forward. Can the balance carryforward for Assets be done in October (Period 1 - new fiscal year).

Thanks

Raz

Moderator: Please, search SDN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff

Thanks for the response!

Is it possible to post transactions to assets in the new fiscal year before we do the asset fiscal year change (carry forward balances (AJRW) ).

Thanks

Raz

madhusoodanan_ramachandra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

FI-GL,AR,AP (F.16 and F.07 )

You can do it at any point of time. If you post any transaction in previous year after carrying forward the balance, the system dynamically updates the carry forward.

AA - AJRW

You need to execute AJRW to post any transaction in new fiscal year. This is just a technical step to carry forward all assets into the new fiscal year. So you can't post any transaction in new year without executing AJRW (Of course, you need to open year in FI as well).

Best Regards,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client has a different scenario. They close all open items of a customer every week due by that date and post the balance as a seperate transaction. This is all customized with so many programs. I have to figure if these fit with standard SAP.

Can I get report or tcode with these details: open items by due date, Customer code, Business center, Analyst code and sales area/sales org. Is there a report or any tcode which generates these?

Regards,

Satya

jeff_mayfield2
Participant
0 Kudos

It is possible to post in the following year without balance carry forward as long as the period is open in OB52/OKP1. However, balance carry forward only needs to be run once per company at year end, after that any posting in the prior year will automatically update the next years balances.

Keep in mind, if changes are made two or more years back these changes will only update the following year, ex. 2004 changes are updated for 2005 but not 2006 and forward.

Asset year end is a different set of transactions, though two years can be open at the same time in Fixed Assets.